ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

Newbie Dreamer

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

Salem13

Newbie Dreamer

Postby Salem13 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:22 am

Hello Everyone! My name is Salem and right now I live in Oklahoma although that may change in a few years. Currently I only have my spoiled cat but would love to learn more about exotic animals. I am going to school to be an interpreter but I have always loved animals and whenever I have the money, time, and land I would love to own some exotic animals. I learned about foxes in high school and fell in love. There are many animals I am not sure I could ever keep, because I work a lot and also because my partner said no, but am always interested in knowing about their care and behaviors.

My partner worked in a pet store for 5 years and also loves research. They even got to hold a fox kit and baby raccoon someone brought in.

I have got the okay for a savannah or serval many years down the road though because my partner and I do adore cats. She is a fish nerd so any other animals we get that are exotic will most likely be in an aquarium. We have also been talking about way in the future setting up a rescue/rehabilitation/sanctuary because we recognize there are many people that impulse buy or just find out later they can't keep whatever animal they bought and it gets killed or released into the wild to die. We are both very big animal lovers so it would be a nice future goal, especially if I can't keep animals myself I would love to help out the ones that need it.

I am very excited to learn more from this site and also am looking forward to seeing how I need to go about making that sanctuary if we ever are able to establish something like that.

-Salem Xavier
GitaBooks

Re: Newbie Dreamer

Postby GitaBooks » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:07 am

Welcome to the forum! Glad you could join! : )
Peacefulward

Re: Newbie Dreamer

Postby Peacefulward » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:18 pm

Welcome! Glad to have you here.
5 Dogs, 2 cats, 2 leopard geckos, 1 guinea pig, 1 axolotl, and a coatimundi currently in my family. :)

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, arctic fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, fennec fox, mink, muntjac deer, owl (any species).

Return to “INTRODUCTION”