PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Hi. I'm back. :)

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

malane3

Hi. I'm back. :)

Postby malane3 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:39 pm

I've been away from the forum for awhile and just thought I'd say hi. I've been without internet because my ISP/cell phone company went out of buisness and there really aren't any other providers where I live in the middle of nowhere. I'm in the slow process of moving and once again will be able to get back to my website and my favorite forum. :)
If you guys remember me and want any updates, just let me know.
A quick introduction about myself: I'm an OpTech. I've always loved foxes and this forum helped me aquire my first foxes. I now have a sweet little gray fox named Shawnee, a breeding pair of red foxes- pearl marble female named Misty and natural red male Rusty. My little zoo also includes my italian greyhound Bella, golden retriever mix Teddy, english bulldog Puba, goat Holly, 2 geese, 2 chickens, 2 freshwater, 1 brackish, 1 low-light reef aquariums, and madagascar hissing cockroaches. I also currently am caring for an adorable rescued abused dog and rooster.
Glad to be back! :)
FoxAdorer817

Re: Hi. I'm back. :)

Postby FoxAdorer817 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:14 pm

Welcome back!! icon_biggin.gif We've missed you. icon-smile (Well.. some people don't know you yet, but it might sound creepy if I only say I missed you. ;] Haha...)
Good to see you're doing fine... If you have any updates I'd like to read about them, but I wouldn't know what to specifically ask about or anything.
I hope your move goes well. icon-smile
Proud care-giver to a bunny, 5 Siberian dwarf hamsters, 2 chinchillas and currently a baby(chin). <3 :)
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:38 pm

Yeah I remember you :)
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:12 am

I would love to hear about your foxes! I'm getting a red fox this coming spring, and love to hear all sorts of fox stories.

Did you name your gray fox "Shawnee" after the Shawnee National Forest in Illinois, by chance? Just curious. My family owns some land down there and are there quite often. :)
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
Candy Cane Girl
Banned
Banned

Postby Candy Cane Girl » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:35 am

Hello malane3,

Well, welcome back to the forum :mrgreen: .

Ms. Paula Otto
Pebblypoo0226

Postby Pebblypoo0226 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:27 am

Hi welcome back to the site!!! I know many people may not reconize me either since I dont post that much so we might be in the same boat :lol:

Must be nice living in the middle of nowhere I hope to be in that situation in a few years when I save up enough money for some real acerage. I bet it sucked not being able to use the internet tho.
Puppycrush15

Postby Puppycrush15 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:08 am

Welcome back! I remember you (I lurk a lot on the forum but dont post a ton). I have seen a few of your videos on Youtube of your foxies and such.
Look forward to hearing more about the foxies and hopefully seeing more pictures and videos and such!
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:53 am

:peng:

welcome back.

I was wondering what happened to you.

yes, you were missed, and yes, anxious to hear about your new critters.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Pebblypoo0226

Postby Pebblypoo0226 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:44 pm

Hi I think I saw your pretty babies misty and rusty on mystic garden exotics.

I hope to have more contact with you here soon.

btw, Misty looks like such a freakin cutie.
malane3

Postby malane3 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:57 pm

Hi. Sorry I haven't replied. It's hard having only part time internet access. Lol. We actually named Shawnee after the town of Shawnee, Oklahoma. We had a hard time finding a vet to check out the foxes so we could legally bring them into Arkansas and finally a vet in Shawnee agreed to do it. I think it was called Best Friend's Animal Clinic but I'd have to look back at my records to be sure. Anyway, some of the vets I called were extremely rude and insulting because we were keeping "wildlife" as pets. Never mind the fact that Misty and Rusty can be traced back 29 generations of captive bred pet foxes... anyway... Unlike most people we came across on that trip, everybody we came across in Shawnee, OK was very nice and it left a lasting impression. Also at the vet there, Shawnee the fox was the first time I had a pet fox. The arctics were very special but they weren't foxes we could hug or pet much. Shawnee hid her face in my hair during her check up and trusted me to keep her safe through the vet experience...
malane3

Postby malane3 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:09 pm

...Continued. Sorry, I'm at work posting on my phone and it has a character limit... even though we'd just met. It was an important bonding experience for us and a dream come true for me. I've always wanted to share my life with a fox and her hugging me was one of the most precious moments of my life. :) She's called Shawnee so every time I hear her name, I'll remember all the wonderful experiences bringing her home, not that there weren't difficult experiences then too! Two very untame stinky red foxes and a gray fox in a small car on a long ride can be unpleasant! Lol. Misty is a cute, but evil little vixen! Lol. I posted some pics of her and Rusty, Shawnee, my goat, and geese in the forums about those species for those who haven't already noticed. That's cool you guys remember me. :) I'll try to post more soon...

Return to “INTRODUCTION”