ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

Introduction

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

SXsic

Introduction

Postby SXsic » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:41 pm

Well, it comes a time in every mans life when he makes an introduction to a forum about exotic animals (wait wut)

Hi guise! I'm a devoted pacifist, Audio designer, speaker building animal loving furry that loves wood working (that just about sums it up)

so yeah.. im here cus well lets face it, we all know why we're here.

we love animals :D

really though, I love foxes, and have always wanted to have one, sucks that I still live at my parents, but hey, go to high school still, but senior year (thats whats up) my freshmen year I looked into getting a fox, but I couldnt find a site like this one! But now im here :3

so uh yeah, its me, I design stuff so if you ever need something designed then translated into a cutting guide, I can help you build anything! and I NEVER charge. (unless you want to break a 150 decibel mark with some 18" subwoofers, I might charge a little, not much or anything lol)
so if you want to design a play house for your foxie, I can design it :3

I use AutoCAD and just now recently started experimenting with anSYS (material modeling program, its basically used to find stress points in materials so you can strategically brace structures, comes in handy for using the least amount of wood to insure that you can have a big structure without a possibility of the bottom splitting.) so yeah. computer geek too.

TL;DR version : I love animals, build speakers, woodwork and design stuff, etc etc
happyness is a dog that leaves scratch marks on your bedroom door because he wants to lay on your bed :3
Gumby_Batman

Re: Introduction

Postby Gumby_Batman » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:04 pm

i love making speaker boxes too but i make mine out of fiberglass. im going to start making a fiberglass dashboard with flush mounted monitors and cd player in my friends tiburon. i just need time to go home from college.
proud owner of 2 border collies, a mix breed dog, mini donkey, 2 hamsters, 3 chinchillas, a bearded dragon, and a turtle
SXsic

Postby SXsic » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:47 pm

i've been wanting to get into fiberglassing but I dont have the time for doing it with school an' all, next summer im gonna be picking up a Mitsubishi Eclipse and loading it with a pair of TC Sounds LMS Ultra 5400 18" subwoofers and 2 VLX 4DE amplifiers producing close to 14,000 watts RMS @ 1ohm.

and then the summer after that im gonna move out of my parents place and get a fox :D
happyness is a dog that leaves scratch marks on your bedroom door because he wants to lay on your bed :3
Gumby_Batman

Postby Gumby_Batman » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:53 pm

i dont really have time with college but im at an automotive school so they taught me how to do everything and where to get the best materials for cheaper.
proud owner of 2 border collies, a mix breed dog, mini donkey, 2 hamsters, 3 chinchillas, a bearded dragon, and a turtle
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:11 pm

What would you need to design cat walks for my room? I guess I have some idea dimensions of the room and objects involved in the room and distances to where those objects are.

I'd like to some time put a walkway from the tower to a platform in the middle of the room and then 2 walkways Y-ing out one to the cage and one to the closet.

I found ceiling shelves but I would think buying the parts once I know what to get would be cheaper and then paint them red or something to kind of go with the room. Walls are orange and yellow walls ceiling is still blah brown but I don't want to deal with painting it.

My dad would put it in for me but if I have plans it will come out better because he has a tendency to wing things a bit too much.

How would one ensure the walkways or shelves would hold up themselves and the anteaters. The ceiling is wood but I don't know how strong it is.

I wouldn't do it any time soon. I wouldn't want Pua and Aurora fighting on the cat walks and falling down, though they would likely wrap tails around the supports.

Return to “INTRODUCTION”