PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Hi! Would you like your pet to be on TV?

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

CicadaSam

Hi! Would you like your pet to be on TV?

Postby CicadaSam » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:56 am

Hi Everyone!

I'm Sam, a researcher at a production company in London, and we're currently making a programme about animal behaviour- in particular animals being mischevious and escaping from their enclosures/being where they shouldn't be. I have a cat and an orange winged amazon myself, but sadly neither are particularly entertaining, and so I am asking for your help!

The programme is to be a very positive and endearing look at animal behaviour - how ingenious, curious and unexpected they can be - and we hope to identify individuals and organisations we can work with and include in the programme.

I'm looking for any footage or stories of animals getting out of their cage or enclosure and being where they shouldn’t be. This could also be wild animals in unusual places and situations. I’d love to hear from people who have their own stories or know of any we could seek to include.

If you have any ideas or would like to know more please reply, or email me - samantha@cicadabellwether.com

Thanks and I look forward to hearing your stories!
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hi! Would you like your pet to be on TV?

Postby Ash » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:07 pm

Hi! It sounds like you're wanting to take it from a postive angle, but you know that we exotic-animal-owners are very suspicious of TV programs. :lol:

Is there any way that a contract could be signed stating that the owner of the animal filmed can view the final edit and approve/disapprove of it?

As you know, there is a highly negative slant toward exotic pets--especially exotic pets escaping and "terrorizing" the public. I think most people will be suspicious of the program you mention, but if you're able to include a contract like the one stated above, more people may be interested. As it is, I don't think many people will contact you.

At any rate, if you're approaching this positively, I wish you the best of luck. Let me know what your company thinks of the contract. Having worked in film myself, I doubt it's something your company would consider, but those would be my particular conditions as well as most people's conditions on here.
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
veralidaine

Postby veralidaine » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:56 pm

I agree with the above. Unfortunately, it's just too likely that a story of an exotic escaping would be used against us. I would stick with the domestic animals since those are the animals that the public is more forgiving of.
CicadaSam

Postby CicadaSam » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:38 am

Hi guys, thanks so much for your feedback!

The programme is definitely going to be a positive look at the events, and any stories with any kind of negative aspect (injuries or fatalities, to the animals or people involved) are being disregarded straight away. So far we have clips and stories of domestic pets, wild animals, and exotics in zoos, and we will not be using the series to comment in any way on the circumstances of the animals involved. The series is being produced for Discovery channel, as a clip based show with some specially shot material (where prior footage is not available), and it will be very light hearted and entertaining.

I will raise your suggestion with my producers and get back to you as soon as I know more...

Thanks again,

Sam
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:09 pm

The problem I see is even if you tell it as a cute story. Pet monkey escapes cage and eats birthday cake once it is out there anyone can reference the event and anti-exotic types will just use the "pet monkey" escapes as negative.

Return to “INTRODUCTION”