PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Hello! please read me.....

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

mewsie82

Postby mewsie82 » Mon May 28, 2012 8:14 am

Hi i am unfortunatly having to give my pet corsac foxes back to the pet shop but before i do i wanted to do something to remember them so i have made a lens all about them on a site called squidoo please feel free to have a look they are truely amazing and i'm going to be sad to see them go

squidoo "my corsac foxes"

thanks for reading and hope you enjoy my lens
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello! please read me.....

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue May 29, 2012 2:22 pm

If you return them they will most likely get split up anyway as they will be paired with males to sell breeding pairs.
Elina

Postby Elina » Tue May 29, 2012 6:00 pm

So sorry about this hun. damn pet shops and brokers. . .

One issue, this:
"We have hooked claws to help us climd trees and we have very good eyesight and acute sence of smell. We also have scent glands above the base of our tail and on our paws and cheeks but don't worry we are not as bad as a skunk!"
Is very inaccurate as the only scent gland on the corsac fox is the violet gland on the tail (the black bit). Their claws are also only slightly curved as they climb steppes not trees so it's more that they go hiking and need grip for if they slip. The only fox with hooked claws is the Grey fox.

If trained from a young age we will quite happily wear a harness and go out for walks like dogs.
Is also not the case as like with humans how we are fearless until we reach a certain age when a corsac fox reaches maturity they become fearful of the harness as they start to think that 'something' has grabbed them from above and also fearful of anything that flys. You cant really walk them like dogs, trust me I have tried all of Valla's life and it just stopped working when she noticed there were birds in the sky.

Anyhow I am very sorry this has happened to you. I dare say the pet shop will separate them as TG said and sell them with new 'mates' (or more females).
http://theflashmans.blogspot.com/ - Online home of Elspeth and Harry Flashman the Corsac foxes.
http://flashmanfoxes.webs.com - Photos and videos of my foxlings!
blacksagephoenix

Postby blacksagephoenix » Wed May 30, 2012 9:53 am

Awwwww, I'm sorry. :( Why do you have to give them back?
*~*~*~*~* Chell *~*~*~*~*

Mother of one daughter, one dog, two cats, one fennec fox, three hedgehogs, two short tailed opossums, three sugar gliders, three velveteen rabbits, one bearded dragon, one tortoise, twelve ball pythons, and several rats.
Ciaobella

Postby Ciaobella » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:57 pm

Sorry you have to give them back, that is truly unfortunate. I'm not expert on the subject but I'm sure Pat & Elina have given you good advice.

Always welcome to the forum!
Was Cierpke, lost password xD
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:39 am

I'm so sorry you have to give them up. It must be heartbreaking. I can hardly bear to leave work because I want to spend all day with the coyote I raised there. I couldn't imagine having to give up animals that you've spent all of your time with.
Maybe you could get them 2 boys and have twice the fox cuddles!

Welcome to the forum!
mewsie82

Postby mewsie82 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:10 am

Hi all again,
first of all a big thank you to Elina for pointing out some things i got wrong on my squidoo page going to update it will definatly be coming to you Elina in future for foxy advice and not google! but thank you for letting me know and giving me the right info.
Also yes the corsacs went back last friday, it was nothing to do with the foxes it was the shop owner wasn't very helpful and we decided to give them back and get our money back and go to some one who can give us support and aftercare.
We went to exotic pet awareness day at Birmingham on saturday the 9th, we have 2 beautiful silver foxes called Simba and Nala, met Elina for the first time but didn't get chance to talk as it was busy and my little boy needed the toilet so we had to dash! have got lots of advice this time and aftercare and Elina has been brilliant and we are very happy. So i would like to introduce Simba and Nala to you all

Amanda
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Elina

Postby Elina » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:16 pm

Hi hun!

Glad you got Simba as I nearly did but then fell for Callie so it will be nice to see him grow up :icon-wink: .
Nala is also super cute!

As you know I am more then happy to help you with anything fox related so if you have any trouble with the two of them please do let me know :icon-wink: .
http://theflashmans.blogspot.com/ - Online home of Elspeth and Harry Flashman the Corsac foxes.
http://flashmanfoxes.webs.com - Photos and videos of my foxlings!
the_unstable

Postby the_unstable » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:41 pm

Well, looks like there will be another fox disappearance...Nala will be at my house!

Thank you for sharing the pictures of them. They're both adorable. Silvers are a favorite of mine.
amyers

Postby amyers » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:58 pm

Unstable, when you get Nala, will you snag Simba for me? :)
Proud mom to 11 domestic cats, 3 dogs, 2 bobcats, 3 servals, 2 cougars, 1 Siberian lynx, 1 squirrel, and counting!
Ciaobella

Postby Ciaobella » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:42 pm

Well aren't they beautiful! Good luck with them & welcome to the forum, can't wait to see more pictures as they grow :)
Was Cierpke, lost password xD
the_unstable

Postby the_unstable » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:47 pm

I'd be happy to do that for you, Amyers! They're such cuties...I can't wait to get one of my own someday.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:45 pm

Welcome. ^^ Sorry about your corsacs. Your red foxes are adorable though.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule

Return to “INTRODUCTION”