PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Hey y'all

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

Realtree1

Hey y'all

Postby Realtree1 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:10 pm

Hi,
I never did make a formal introduction. My names Colton. I'm still in high school, and I have a miniature Australian shepherd, a miniature dachshund, a chihuahua, 3 blue tick coon hounds, 2 chinchillas, a leopard gecko, and 3 rabbits and counting. I live on a farm so we also have a little over 100 head of beef cattle as well. I'm really interested in getting an exotic some day and so far my list of possibilities are foxes (all types), raccoons, kinkajous, coatis, muntjacs, Patagonian cavies, and capybaras. I've got a lot of time to make a decision and research some more. I'd like to thank all the people on this forum as you've already helped me to learn more in a short period of time in one place then I have learned by myself since I was 12!
Ciaobella

Re: Hey y'all

Postby Ciaobella » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:14 pm

Welcome Colton! I just graduated high school a few weeks ago . What grade are you in currently?

Lots of animals you have there! Must never be a dull moment haha!
Was Cierpke, lost password xD
Realtree1

Postby Realtree1 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:18 pm

I'm a junior so I'm close to bein out, haha, and it's definitely never dull that's for sure :lol: !
the_unstable

Postby the_unstable » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:55 am

Welcome officially, Colton! You've come to the right place to learn about foxes ;) Early congrats on graduating high school. I don't miss those days...hard to believe I graduated about 3 1/2 years ago.

Chinchillas are very cute. I've thought about getting some before, though they're so expensive. I, too, have rabbits. What breeds do you have?
Realtree1

Postby Realtree1 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:25 pm

Chins are really cute and expensive but i got lucky and got them and everything they had for free.

I have dutch and mini rex, but I'm gonna sell my mini rex because I'm gonna get more dutch and start breeding.
the_unstable

Postby the_unstable » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:44 pm

Wow, that is lucky!

I have one Flemish Giant and three New Zealand Whites (meat breeders). The NZW does are too young to breed yet, and are a bit undersized I think. I don't know if I'll end up breeding them, probably just keep them since they're so darn cute.
Realtree1

Postby Realtree1 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:25 pm

I've thought about getting new zealands, but I decided i could keep more in a smaller space with the smaller breeds.
the_unstable

Postby the_unstable » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:23 pm

True. I just got them since they're supposedly one of the best meat breeds.
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:20 pm

Welcome! I never liked high school, but I looooooove college. I want to stay in college forever. lol
How are mini australian shepherds? I didn't know they were an actual breed until recently, now I'm pretty interested in them. I like herding breeds a lot.
Realtree1

Postby Realtree1 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:32 pm

My mini is very hyper and aloof of strangers, but she is very loving with the people she sees often. She is also very willing to please and is really smart. I'm pretty sure that's how most are but I haven't really been able to talk to any other owners.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:03 pm

Welcome. ^^ I'm really interested in coatimundis too.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
Realtree1

Postby Realtree1 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:30 pm

Thanks! If u get one it would be awsome to here. Obviously there is plenty of info on raccoons on here, but not much on coatis.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:09 am

Realtree1 wrote:Thanks! If u get one it would be awsome to here. Obviously there is plenty of info on raccoons on here, but not much on coatis.

It wouldn't be awhile before I get one as I'm currently living in an apartment with my mother unemployed and still looking for a job and maybe plan on going off to college in California. But when/if I do get one in the distant future,I'll be sure to post about him/her here on the forums. ^^ Raccoons are illegal here which is part of why I've chosen a coati instead of a raccoon as my future pet of choice. Though I do personally find coatis a bit cuter than the raccoons with their long noses and the coatis are active during the day unlike raccoons which is another plus. The raccoons at the zoo are always sleeping,while the coatis are always active and moving around.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule

Return to “INTRODUCTION”