PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Intro!

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

Anastasiamarei

Intro!

Postby Anastasiamarei » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:08 am

Hi everyone!

My name is Sara and I actually found this site digging around for fox information. (go figure) Anyhow, I've recently become absolutely fascinated with foxes of all kinds -though reds and Fennecs are my current favorites- ever since I found out two years ago that it was legal to own them. I live in Michigan with family, including my lab-boxer Gaia, two zebra finches -Romeo and Juliet- a beta fish, and my aunt's two dogs and cat.

It's a pleasure to be here!

-Sara D. <3
the_unstable

Re: Intro!

Postby the_unstable » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:53 am

Welcome, Sara :) Glad to have you here! As you probably already know, Sybil's Den is the place to go for information on foxes. It's the most popular section of the board. You're lucky to be living in Michigan, they have decent fox-owning laws.

What are your Zebra Finches like? I'm just starting to look into learning about birds. I saw some at a pet store yesterday and it said on their little description sheet that they "prefer not to be handled".
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:12 pm

Hello, and welcome! I'm glad you're finding all the information here useful. ;) If you have any questions feel free to ask.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:23 pm

I'm curious too. I saw some different colored finches at the store and liked them but I'm not so sure about keeping birds.
Alynn

Postby Alynn » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:07 am

Great to see another Michigander on the board. A lot of 'em have been showing up, haha. Welcome to the board, and feel free to share some pictures of your finches! I wanted some when I was younger but my parents don't like the idea of birds.
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:16 pm

Welcome! My name is Sara too! :mrgreen: You should post pictures of your animals. We love pictures here.
Ciaobella

Postby Ciaobella » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:53 pm

Welcome to the forum!
Was Cierpke, lost password xD
Anastasiamarei

Postby Anastasiamarei » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:42 pm

Thanks all!

Zebra finches do not like to be handled, at least that's what I've been told. I haven't tried to touch mine. Apparently they're crazy-fast breeders. I just got them at the beginning of last month, and they already have eggs. =)

Also, oh my goodness, I love this forum! Very informative and plenty of people to talk to. I've never heard of owning bears. Kinda awesome! They're very cute.
Anastasiamarei

Postby Anastasiamarei » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:45 pm

Apparently I don't have pictures of the finches on my computer, will have to take some and upload. I can't figure out how to upload pictures -was going to toss one up of my puppy- but I'll figure it out. =P
Crafty

Postby Crafty » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:39 pm

Ah, I knew I recognized your username! You sent me an ask on my Tumblr! That reminds me, I need to respond to that. Hehe, sorry! But it's very nice to meet you and welcome to the forum! :)

I'd love to see some photos of your finches, too! I love finches. I've always wanted a bird - or birds - but I don't think I could handle the noise.
Anastasiamarei

Postby Anastasiamarei » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:05 pm

They are a little bit noisy, but not as much so as you'd expect. They make the most noise -all those cute little chirps- starting at sun-up because the birds outside start up. Through-out the days, they're pretty quiet. =P

And yes, Tumblr!
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:05 pm

Welcome to the forum. ^^
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule

Return to “INTRODUCTION”