PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Never introduced myself, so here goes..

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:07 pm

Hi :) I love studying up on all types of animals, but my favorite are wolves, dogs and cats. ^_^ I want many pets in the future and can't decide which to get, but so far I think I will get a lion, Arabian horse, spotted hyena, and African grey parrot (along with my Wishlist animals--look at my siggy XD).

I am pretty young and just graduated high school this year. I'm going to college for exotic animal training and management, zookeeping, and wildlife educating. :bear: Once I get my degree in those areas I will be much more knowledgeable about what types of animals I really want living with me.

Well, farewell and thanks for reading! :))
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Never introduced myself, so here goes..

Postby Ash » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:53 pm

Hello again! :)

I didn't know you were interested in spotted hyenas. I am too and would like to have some one day.

Where are you going to school at?
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:42 pm

Yep, spotted hyenas seem like they would make great companions ^_^ I'm going to go to Moorpark's EATM in CA. c:
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

ImageImage
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:19 pm

Have you already been accepted? That's so cool! I'd LOVE to go there. I'm jealous.
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:41 am

No, not yet ^^" Since I just got out of high school I still need to get my 5 prerequisites done with. But yeah, it's so cheap sarajeku! (: Just $1000 for tuition compared to the average $6000 of a public college. They don't have dorms though, so that's probably why you're not going there? I'm saving up for independent living and also bringing some family with me to help pay for my living.

ImageImage
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:57 am

Since when does it cost $6000 to go to a public college?! All together my college totals $26k a year. I want to go somewhere that costs just $1000.
Oh my poor wallet when I have to start repaying my loans.
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:00 am

Dang it won't let me edit on the tapatalk app. I'm not going there for several reason. Main one being a heard about it on this forum whenever it was mentioned a few months ago. The other is I've already spent 5-ish or more years at EKU so I want to finish my degrees here first before I consider going anywhere else. And last, it's an assocoate's degree, I want a masters after this. But it would still be really cool to experience.
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:46 pm

Wow, wherever your college is, you're really lucky!!!!!! In WI our public colleges are around $6000 and our private colleges average $25,000 annually! Of course there are loans and stuff, but thats still way too much. :P When I looked at Moorpark's tuition, it was like a blessing. (:

Oh i see.. I'd hate to transfer schools. Transferring credits and whatnot can get confusing. I might go for my bachelor's after EATM but i'm not any good at math so I dont think it'll be that great of an idea. lol. Oh well, i've always hated math.

ImageImage
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:18 pm

I suck at math too. Luckily my degrees don't require much of it. Just one stats class and that's all. You should go there then come to EKU (in Kentucky) and major in animal studies. You'd love Dr. Mitchell.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
the_unstable

Postby the_unstable » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:12 pm

Ah official welcome, Splashstorm :)
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:55 am

^_^ That sounds awesome sarajeku. LOl (: I'll look into that if I ever do decide to get my bachelor's. Idk a lot of colleges with animal studies.

@thanks the_unstable!

ImageImage
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:37 am

Welcome. ^^ I'm really interested in wolves and dogs too(and also coyotes. Anything in the canid family really. Lol. XD).
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule

Return to “INTRODUCTION”