PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Hi All

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

BattleMage

Hi All

Postby BattleMage » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:27 pm

I am from Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

I do not own any pet and cannot right now due to where I live. :wall:

However, I love animals, especially cat :mrgreen: Love to see all the beautiful pictures and videos in this forums and enjoy reading all the stories here :lol:
egroegart

Re: Hi All

Postby egroegart » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:15 pm

Welcome. I remember in college when I couldn't have my pets with me, I was just itching to graduate so I could have them. I spent a lot of time at the zoos so I could at least see some animals and go home to my mom's house to see our pets on the weekends. What kind of cats are you interested in? Welcome again.
BattleMage

Postby BattleMage » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:08 am

If purely base on look, I would say I like Siamese and Persian. I don't mean pure breed, I just like their coat, so soft and nice.

However, if I am able to have a cat or any pet in future, I would like to have one that can be bond/attach with.

I saw a few cat in the past, including 3 Persians (in one house), they won't let anyone to pick them up, including the owner. They will just dodge and move away if anyone try to pet them. All the owner do (or can do) is feed them (with a bowl, not hand feed) ... :roll: I think I will be really depressed if I end up in that kind of relationship with my pet icon-sad
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:46 am

My favorite cat is a Pixie Bob :) And I would really hate if my cat would never let me touch him/her either, but I know that would never happen because it all depends on how they were raised and socialized.
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage
BattleMage

Postby BattleMage » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:00 pm

Pixie Bob are cute too :mrgreen:
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Hi All

Postby sarajeku » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:27 pm

I like cat conversations because I can hop in and play "let's guess what Lulu is" hehe So, anyone want to take a stab at what breed (or combination of breeds) she is? We (the vet and I) just sort of threw ideas out there and guessed. Instead of listing a breed he listed "spotted" on her microchip stuff. lol

I got her at around 14-16 days old and bottle raised her. Someone had set her in a box in the parking lot of my apartment building (before we had any strays, so no mommy anywhere).
I have a picture of her nursing my collie. It's adorable. :piggy:

Even with bottle raising her, it took about a year and a half before she became the lap cat she is today, and she has always hated being picked up. She's just now learning it means good things. Now she follows me around and meows for attention and she sleeps on my neck at night & meows her complaints at me when I turn over (which makes it difficult to move).
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:06 pm

A munchkin/pixie-bob
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Hi All

Postby sarajeku » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:12 pm

That's one I've never heard. Her legs do look a bit short. I don't know if that's just a combination of her little pouchy belly (she does have that little pouch thing the pixie bob standard calls for... I just looked it up)- a combination of that and how she walks. She sort of constantly stalks. She takes very careful steps and walks very quietly while she flicks that little stubby tail when she walks. But her legs are a normal length.
Can she still be part munchkin and have normal legs? What are the other munchkin traits? I just associate them as looking kind of like ferrets.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:45 pm

Munchkins are more like doxis than ferrets.Even taking into account the crouching they seemed a bit short so made me think of it. The front legs tend to be shorter than the back legs so would also add to the crouching.

But after looking into it it's not possible after all. The short legs are a dominant gene so half genes cause short legs too. But you can breed a munchkin to any breed and make it a munchkin.
the_unstable

Postby the_unstable » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:14 pm

Welcome to the forum :)
BattleMage

Postby BattleMage » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:45 pm

Thx all for the warm welcom :)

@sarajeku, what is he doing in the last photo? @.@
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Hi All

Postby sarajeku » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:26 am

Scent marking with her cheeks but I always called it "the caterpillar"
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:37 am

That's so cool that you suggest Pixie bob/munchkin XD My favorite cat breed is the PB and my sis's is the Munchie.:3

She looks like she could be part pixie bob, mixed with some other spotted breed. Pixie bobs have spots but not that visible like your kitty. I do notice a lot of orange on here too. Very pretty cat!
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

ImageImage
lavenderlilac

Postby lavenderlilac » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:23 pm

Do you think she could have Savannah or Bengal in her?
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:35 am

Hmm... She does have spots, but then again Bengals and Savannahs aren't exactly common cats. Still a possibility.

ImageImage

Return to “INTRODUCTION”