PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

I feel so honored!

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

lavenderlilac

I feel so honored!

Postby lavenderlilac » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:12 pm

I feel so honored to be amidst such wonderful, special people! I have been reading posts for about 4 months and have just mustered the courage to join. I can't even begin to express how much I admire so many of you here. The way I found my way here was......my son adopted a pet fox this past Spring. After having it a couple of days, he brought it here and asked if I would watch it a couple of days because, he said, since he was working so much, she would get more interaction here. After a few days, I called him and encouraged him to come get her. This scenario happened several times, with each stay becoming longer and longer. It's now been weeks since his last visit. Now I feel like one of those grandmothers who sue their child for custody of their grandchild. I don't think I could give her up if he asked. I love her very much.

Her name is Lucy. She is a fire and ice red fox and was born at Tiny Tracks. I once read Zebrafox say she was considering a fire and ice from Tiny Tracks and felt very excited because to me, zebrafox is a SUPERSTAR! I love her and all she did and is doing. I'm glad to finally have this opportunity to tell her, if she gets one anything like Lucy, she will be extremely blessed, once again, with an angel of a little fox! Lucy reminds me of Anya. Lucy sits and downs VERY well and is doing good at learning to shake. She LOVES playing with our weimeraners and they love her but our dobermain is afraid of her :roll: . But Lucy still loves him anyway.

She has an indoor and outdoor enclosure but she's never stayed in the outdoor one yet. We built it because, although we are still confused by the laws, we think it's required. Although I sent away for the permit months ago, I haven't heard anything and my check to them hasn't been cashed. They worry me.

I am so grateful for this forum and without it, I can't even begin to imagine how awful it would have been trying to figure out how to care for her. Because of it, raising her has been an absolute joy for us. Although the fox forum is my obsession right now, we also have dogs, cats, llamas, horse, and parrots that are the other loves of my life. But I've been so busy with Lucy, I haven't visited the other forums, but hope to in the future. We also had ferrets, in the past, which I want to say, to me, are similar in many ways to the foxes.

I have never felt drawn to join a forum before (much less actually "speak" in one) but I have never liked and admired the people in one like I do the members here. I am honestly VERY honored and excited to have the opportunity to be able to speak with you. I have had SO many questions before today that I wanted to ask and I'm very excited that NOW, when I have one, I CAN ask you! As I have never participated in a forum before and am NOT computer savvy, nor familiar with forum etiquette, I know I will make mistakes, so please help me when I do! I am so excited to be here!
zebrafox

Re: I feel so honored!

Postby zebrafox » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:50 pm

What a nice post! Welcome, we are glad to have you.
I find this forum to be an invaluable resource as well, and really like the members.
I don't know any other members that have a fire and ice fox. I'm so glad lucy has found a loving home. I would LOVE to see photos of her!! Can you show some?? I am really seriously interested in that morph but have only seen the photos of that 1 individual in tiny tracks site.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
BB

Postby BB » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:51 am

Welcome! The foxpeople will take good care of you! :icon-wink:
Please post about your other animals as well!!
lavenderlilac

Postby lavenderlilac » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:46 am

I desperately want to show photos and really wish I knew how to post youtube so I could show how cute she is at doing things! I know this sounds REALLY stupid, but I don't know how to post a photo at all. I will do my best to learn if someone could point me to somewhere that might give me some steps as to how. I have actually only taken a couple of photos with a digital camera and that was probably a couple of years ago. I loved my 35mm but that is a relic nowadays. The photos I tried to take with the digital were so bad, I just gave up. I will get it back out tomorrow and try to take some of Lucy and hope they do her justice and then attempt to get them up here, if I find out how. Also, how do you guys put the location you are from under your name? I can't wait to show you Lucy! And if I do get a really good photo of her, I will want to know how to get it up as an avatar.
lavenderlilac

Postby lavenderlilac » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:48 am

Oh, and I forgot to add that we also have peacocks. They wouldn't want to be excluded :lol: !
BB

Postby BB » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:05 am

If you go to the Board index page and select Message board issues, there is a thread about how to post photos. If you still have trouble I'm sure Pat can help out by making them smaller for you. As for the location I'm sure you can add it by going into your profile. (at the purple strip above click User Control Panel and select Profile)
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:52 am

Welcome to the forums, and it's great you finally joined XD I was lurking a while before I joined as well. Lol! ((: What's a fire and ice fox? That name sounds so cool. hehe
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:17 am

welcome lavenderlilac

I agree with zebrafox, what a wonderful post.

really glad you joined us, and I look forward to hearing more about your animals.

here is info bb was talking about
viewforum.php?f=105

If you need help with anything here, feel free to ask. We will be happy to help.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:13 pm

To add you location click on "user control panel" at top of page(in the purple bar), then click on "Profile" at the side, there is a space for location in the form there.
lavenderlilac

Postby lavenderlilac » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:49 pm

Thank you, EVERYONE! I had my husband email me some photos he has taken with his phone and I am going to go read the places you've listed and try to get them up. Can I ask, if I get to that point, where would the most appropriate place be to post the photos?
lavenderlilac

Postby lavenderlilac » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:55 pm

This is my first attempt at posting a photo. If there is no photo when I post this, I've obviously failed.
lavenderlilac

Postby lavenderlilac » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:57 pm

I'm sorry. That was a complete failure. And the sad thing is, I've wasted the last two hours trying to figure this out. I am so frustrated. I cannot do this.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:09 pm

If you join photobucket it is free and easy to upload and they give you a BBB link to paste into your post here that will have the image show up. I personally like Flickr better but I think photobucket is easier for some since they make the codes you need obvious and easy to use.
lavenderlilac

Postby lavenderlilac » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:12 pm

Splashstorm, you asked what "fire and ice" is. That is actually a question I want to ask the other members. My son adopted Lucy himself and chose this. I have wondered if it refers to her color or markings? This is probably not the best place for this question to be viewed in so I will try to ask elsewhere if it isn't answered here.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:17 pm

Yes it's the color and patter. They have a very faded red color so a pearl red with white marks.

Return to “INTRODUCTION”