Animals or supplies for Sale or Wanted
(SUB FORUM FOR LOST AND FOUND PETS)

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Red marble rehome

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:17 pm

Tame 6mo old female unaltered marble red fox seeking a new home!
Pack West Wolfdog Rescue, a 501(c)3, is working with a foster in the Pacific Northwest to find this adorable girl, Roca, a new home. She walks on a leash, loves every human she meets, is a fabulous eater, and loves chest scratches. This little girl needs a pet quality home. Adoption fee of $250 applies, and adopter must cover cost of transportation. Home check, secure containment, and application required. Please email packwestwolfdogrescue@gmail.com for more information, or if you'd like to donate to her care and transport, paypal donations are also accepted and appreciated.

Pack West is obviously dedicated to wolfdog rescue; so we were a bit surprised when someone contacted us about collecting and transporting a tame marble fox on an extreme time crunch. These animals are illegal to own in Oregon, and this particular female was residing in a busy residential area of Downtown Portland, with no proper containment, beside a main street.

After an escape, it became clear that she needed better options. Pack West located a foster in a legal area, and arranged transportation to get her there.

Since foxes aren’t our forte, we are in communication now with another exotics rescue capable of finding a forever home for her.

Much like wolfdogs, foxes aren’t suitable pets for the majority of people and have a very demanding standard of care.

To support our efforts to make rescues like this a possibility in the future, please consider making a donation today: http://www.packwestwolfdogrescue.org/donate.html
http://packwestwolfdogrescue.tumblr.com/
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Red marble rehome

Postby Ash » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:06 pm

Do you want her, TG? lol

Poor thing. I hope she finds a good home. I'm glad that she is adjusting well to life in foster care. It's so upsetting when people get rid of their pets.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:42 pm

Was surprised to see she's local. Same state even. I'm not prepared for a red but she does sound like a really nice one. Would be cool if a local USDA exhibitor could get her instead of having to ship her across the country.
Vata Raven

Postby Vata Raven » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:04 am

Wish I could take in a rescue, but if I end up moving to Wyoming, they don't allow importation of red fox types. Maybe there is a way around that, but their exotic animal importation allowed every fox into the state but reds.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:26 am

Vata Raven wrote:Wish I could take in a rescue, but if I end up moving to Wyoming, they don't allow importation of red fox types. Maybe there is a way around that, but their exotic animal importation allowed every fox into the state but reds.

Ah, that's frustrating...
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:42 am

UPDATE: We are currently closing applications for the time being as we are vetting a few promising applications. If we end up opening applications up for her again, we will post on the page and remove this update.

Return to “CLASSIFIED/LOST AND FOUND”