Animals or supplies for Sale or Wanted
(SUB FORUM FOR LOST AND FOUND PETS)

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

1yr Silver Fox Rehoming - Lawrenceville, IL

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:34 am

With my heart shattering I forced to give up my baby girl. Do to the constant complaints from my neighbors and their threats over a harmless creature that has done nothing to them but eat some damn cat food! She is a good girl but, will take some time getting use to a new person. A FOX IS NOT FOR EVERYONE. DO NOT CONTACT ME if you want her as a "cool pet". DO YOUR RESEARCH. I can and will answer any questions you have. PM for more details and requirements. I am not selling her but, I need reimbursement for her vet bills. I will require vet references.

https://www.facebook.com/felicia.barnes ... ED&fref=nf

Word of caution though having someone pay your vet bill in exchange for an animal is still legally considered selling it.

Neighbors are also complaining about smell and sounds.
Juska

Re: 1yr Silver Fox Rehoming - Lawrenceville, IL

Postby Juska » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:55 am

..."done nothing to them but eat some damn cat food"

Sounds like the fox may have gotten loose at one point or another as well.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:26 am

I agree Juska about the fox getting out.
the worse place to keep a fox in a city neighborhood, even worse an apartment.

I have to wonder when people get a fox that lives in a city neighborhood, what the hell are they thinking.
it is apparent they lack the understanding of keeping a fox. however a neighbor hood could be OK, as long as the houses are not so close to each other.

I just wish some of these people that get foxes would do more research on them, and here's another good thought, if they would read the fox forum here, they should get good info from fox owners. who knows, some might think, "well, mine won't stink or ever get loose" :shrug:

to be honest, mine really don't stink much, as long as I clean the litter boxes often. Of course they probably do, and I am use to it.
but, when someone comes here for delivery stuff or whatever, no one knows I have foxes. they can walk past the enclosure and never say anything. however, one time it did stink, my friend told me it did, that was because I didn't change the liter boxes yet.
I was off the shelves. (however, I need to replace some of them with a material that is easier to clean) ideas welcome..

when I clean the litter pans out, I wash them out with the hose (however, I have a spigot in the enclosure that makes it easier), then spray vinegar and odor destroyer on the bottom and sides, let it dry, then line them with newspaper first, then the litter. I keep straw on the bottom of the enclosure. it is replaced as needed. I also keep a bale or two, which they love laying on it. they seem to prefer hay, guess it is softer.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:53 pm

You are used to it and the people who visit aren't jerks. How often do you point out flaws when visiting someone? "Do you ever mow your lawn?" "What's that god awful smell" "You could stand to dust more often" "Your furniture is getting pretty ratty, you know"

The first person I knew got a fox in a neighborhood though did have an enclosure for it out back. Lots of complaints from neighbors about smell. She had to keep reworking it till she got the right combo of drainage and cleanability top hose it out several times a day. Regular concrete is porous so hold odor.

Return to “CLASSIFIED/LOST AND FOUND”