Animals or supplies for Sale or Wanted
(SUB FORUM FOR LOST AND FOUND PETS)

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Red fox siblings - NC

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:35 pm

We are in dire need for a male and female red fox kits new homes! We have a litter that was brought to us hand raised and they are siblings! We cannot ha e them breeding each other! If no one can take in two of them we will be seeking a vet to fix the brother! Anyone seeking a very tame male and a female! Would like a home that will pay loads Of attention to them! They are both super friendly and are potty trained to go in a baby pool With sand! They are like dogs! Super social! Small rejoining fee pm here please

https://www.facebook.com/amy.j.wylie.7

Edit: Though someone is saying they are actually gray and not legal so this could be complicated if so.
Peacefulward

Re: Red fox siblings - NC

Postby Peacefulward » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:20 pm

Uh oh...

Messaged the lady and she said she was USDA licesed and had all her proper permits. I'm not sure if this makes it legal to own them or for other people to buy them.
5 Dogs, 2 cats, 2 leopard geckos, 1 guinea pig, 1 axolotl, and a coatimundi currently in my family. :)

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, arctic fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, fennec fox, mink, muntjac deer, owl (any species).
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:08 pm

USDA allows for fox import and red need a permit to own but http://reports.oah.state.nc.us/ncac/tit ... 0.0102.pdf

That bans import of gray fox separately so USDA doesn't allow them like it does other fox, as far as I can tell.

Apparently someone asked for photos and she sent images of two gray foxes. Which makes it sound like they came from the wild, so still illegal. Edit: Apparently someone handed them to her to raise, if telling the truth, so not entirely her fault, they need to go to a rehab or sanctuary though since this is the case.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:14 pm

Well, she just took the post down. You could try directing her here, since you already contacted her http://www.animal-edventures.org/ That's my friends sanctuary and she is well versed in the laws and foxes.
Peacefulward

Postby Peacefulward » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:08 pm

She told me she already found the "perfect home" for them. Unclear whether or not they came from the wild but she says she's raised wild caught foxes before so I'm thinking they are.

Hope whoever she sold them to isn't in NC. Feels like a disaster waiting to happen.
5 Dogs, 2 cats, 2 leopard geckos, 1 guinea pig, 1 axolotl, and a coatimundi currently in my family. :)

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, arctic fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, fennec fox, mink, muntjac deer, owl (any species).
Peacefulward

Postby Peacefulward » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:11 pm

TamanduaGirl wrote:USDA allows for fox import and red need a permit to own but http://reports.oah.state.nc.us/ncac/tit ... 0.0102.pdf

That bans import of gray fox separately so USDA doesn't allow them like it does other fox, as far as I can tell.

Apparently someone asked for photos and she sent images of two gray foxes. Which makes it sound like they came from the wild, so still illegal. Edit: Apparently someone handed them to her to raise, if telling the truth, so not entirely her fault, they need to go to a rehab or sanctuary though since this is the case.

Doesn't it say grays are only illegal in those counties? Or are they illegal statewide?

NC laws are ridiculous, I swear everything is jumbled up. When I call or message the Wildlice Resourves Comission they redirect me to higher ups who tell me all native species are illegal but non-natives aren't, but the laws say otherwise.

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:47 pm

Are there counties that aren't listed though? That's a lot of counties.
Peacefulward

Postby Peacefulward » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:40 pm

TamanduaGirl wrote:Are there counties that aren't listed though? That's a lot of counties.

The list is 21 out of 100 counties in NC. :icon-wink:

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:31 pm

That's a lot, gee. OR and WA only number in the 30's total.
Peacefulward

Postby Peacefulward » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:13 pm

Yeah, I'm not sure why we have so many counties.

minervasden

Postby minervasden » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:20 pm

The county numbers are due to a couple factors but population density was a main one. The west has less counties in general than the east. Ohio has 88.
I stay in the dark because too much light will blind you
Peacefulward

Postby Peacefulward » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:46 pm

minervasden wrote:The county numbers are due to a couple factors but population density was a main one. The west has less counties in general than the east. Ohio has 88.

That's interesting, thanks!

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:26 pm

Makes sense my county is huge but it's got basically just one decent sized city area that would be where most the funds come from for the whole county, splitting it would leave the rural areas hurting more.

Lane County alone is the size of Connecticut or of Delaware and Rhode Island combined; 4620 square miles

Return to “CLASSIFIED/LOST AND FOUND”