PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Wolfdog Content Comparison Questions

Wolf hybrids or other exotic species crossed with domestic

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

the_unstable

Re: Wolfdog Content Comparison Questions

Postby the_unstable » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:01 am

When giving recomendations about things with animals, its really best to go off experience.
Not to really tell people, "hey, this is what I heard" or Joe Blow said because you do not know what could be true or wrong. You very well could be giving out misinformation. Anyone can go and read on the internet about things. And I believe the op was asking about just that, people experiences with them, not what someone has read or heard.

I personally disagree with this. In the fox forum, many of us share information that we have learned from each other in the past. Most fox owners only have one fox, so they collaborate with other owners to learn about what traits may be species-specific rather than an individual's trait. I think it's very important that we share and pass on this information. If we didn't, all of us would know a lot less about foxes and would likely not know what to expect when we get our own fox.

I agree that you do have to be careful about what you believe and pass on. Use discretion, learn what people are like and trust those who have been reputable in the past.

I'm not saying that information Splashstorm was giving is correct nor incorrect as I know essentially nothing about wolves and wolfdogs, just commenting on the concept of only sharing information you acquired through experience.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:10 pm

Most of the "wolves" on that site you linked to look like pure malamutes or malamute mixes to me.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:09 pm

the_unstable wrote:
When giving recomendations about things with animals, its really best to go off experience.
Not to really tell people, "hey, this is what I heard" or Joe Blow said because you do not know what could be true or wrong. You very well could be giving out misinformation. Anyone can go and read on the internet about things. And I believe the op was asking about just that, people experiences with them, not what someone has read or heard.

I personally disagree with this. In the fox forum, many of us share information that we have learned from each other in the past. Most fox owners only have one fox, so they collaborate with other owners to learn about what traits may be species-specific rather than an individual's trait. I think it's very important that we share and pass on this information. If we didn't, all of us would know a lot less about foxes and would likely not know what to expect when we get our own fox.

I agree that you do have to be careful about what you believe and pass on. Use discretion, learn what people are like and trust those who have been reputable in the past.

Please read threw these posts of how she talks so much mess about these animals, she is Sparky on that site
http://www.dogforums.com/general-dog-fo ... fdogs.html
also on page four of this guestbook shes going by her other name splashstorm, admitting she's sparky and again calling wolfdogs dangerous
http://texx-wolf-tails.webs.com/apps/guestbook/

I'm not saying that information Splashstorm was giving is correct nor incorrect as I know essentially nothing about wolves and wolfdogs, just commenting on the concept of only sharing information you acquired through experience.

I was really directing it at Splashstorm in general and trying to be nice about i, but anyhow, she has given out tons of false info on wolfdogs. She was even booted at one time from the dogforums for fighting and arguing that all wolfdogs are evil and going to attack. She has also constantly stolen peoples pictures without permission and then told info on the animals that she knew nothing about that was untrue.
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:16 pm

Messed up my last post, had hit edit to add this section and ended up adding it to the_unstables quote by accident, any who here's the part i was trying to add

Please read threw these posts of how she talks so much mess about these animals, she is Sparky on that site
also on page four of this guestbook shes going by her other name splashstorm, admitting she's sparky and again calling wolfdogs dangerous
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:52 pm

Wow.. Image that's kind of like a train wreck. I had to stop reading on page 7 on dogforums.
the_unstable

Postby the_unstable » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:54 pm

I know you were directing your comment at Splashstorm, but I just wanted to respond to the general statement:
""When giving recomendations about things with animals, its really best to go off experience."

I do not know Splashstorm, their history on this site, or other sites. I don't know much of anything about wolves and wolf hybrids. My intention is not to get involved in any arguments, to defend or to attack anyone.
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:13 pm

Cindy23323 wrote:Messed up my last post, had hit edit to add this section and ended up adding it to the_unstables quote by accident, any who here's the part i was trying to add

That was a long time ago, back when I was against exotic pets in general. As everyone can see here, I am way past that and have since been learning more from my time on the wolfdog facebook groups. My information comes from all of them, by the way.
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:16 pm

Cindy23323 wrote:
the_unstable wrote:

I was really directing it at Splashstorm in general and trying to be nice about i, but anyhow, she has given out tons of false info on wolfdogs. She was even booted at one time from the dogforums for fighting and arguing that all wolfdogs are evil and going to attack. She has also constantly stolen peoples pictures without permission and then told info on the animals that she knew nothing about that was untrue.

"tons of false info" - like what? And "constantly stolen pictures" - I have NEVER claimed to own any pics I used for educational purposes, so yes, I may have used pictures from others for educational purposes but have never said they were mine of lied about their contents.
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

ImageImage
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:18 pm

No one else even brings up my past anymore. I thought we all moved past this, but I guess not. :yak:

ImageImage
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:28 pm

False info like ALL hc's will eventually challenge they're owners. That they are dangerous.
Yes you have lied about the info on the pics you have taken without permission. Right on Devian art you are claiming the pup Inochi is a 80% when she is a 98%. You cant just go around taking peoples pics without permission and using them like you want without asking the owner.
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:42 pm

Cindy23323 wrote:False info like ALL hc's will eventually challenge they're owners. That they are dangerous.
Yes you have lied about the info on the pics you have taken without permission. Right on Devian art you are claiming the pup Inochi is a 80% when she is a 98%. You cant just go around taking peoples pics without permission and using them like you want without asking the owner.

So let me get this straight.... You are going around saying I give out false information based on something I said back when I was ANTI-EXOTIC.... That's great. LOL Because I'm sure I still believe all that and that's why I'm on a PRO-exotic forum. What the heck is your problem? Do you HONESTLY think I'm still that same person??? Heck, that was back when I thought Wolf Haven Spirit of the Past had real WOLVES!!

And I was just trying to generalize in that picture. I don't even use percentage when talking about wolfdogs anymore. I use content, and when talking to someone who doesn't know much about wolfdogs I say "low, mid, or high percentage" so they'll know what I'm talking about. Ugh. Why are you attacking me?? If you had a problem, you could have just messaged me.

I am not the same person I was back in my junior year of high school. I am completely FOR exotic pets and have learned a lot more about wolfdogs and other animals since then. I even changed my ENTIRE career path from going into psychology to going to Moorpark's EATM.

ImageImage
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:04 pm

I am not attacking you I only stated the things you have done when it was brought up that it was ok to give out info that you've read, i then in return pointed out all the misinfo. that you in general had given out before and are still giving out., you are giving out false info on someones animal that you need to take the picture down, you were not given permission to use that picture that you took off of Thornland wolfdogs site which is copyrighted, who is the breeder of the animal.

Return to “Hybrids of Domestic/Exotic canines”