https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Echo photos here!

Wolf hybrids or other exotic species crossed with domestic

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Splashstorm

Re: Echo photos here!

Postby Splashstorm » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:10 pm

Cute:)
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:39 pm

Echo almost got confiscated!
:wall:

I was walking him in tractor supply, picking up a bone to keep him quiet after his neuter. He's doing great by the way. He ripped into my foot pretty hard for touching his incision by accident while we were both on the couch last night, but it's just bruised. He didn't break the skin. Back to his old self! :lol: His neuter was tuesday, he officially weighs 49 lbs at 5 months old.

Anyway. I was walking him in tractor supply and two police officers walked up to me and asked why I had a COYOTE in the building. And I explained he was no coyote, that he was a dog (I never tell anyone I don't know that he is a wolfdog). I told them his mother was a husky, his father mostly malamute, possibly with shepherd to give him those ears.
The officer looked at him again and shook his head and said "No. He has a coyote's coat. and face."

By then I was getting mad, because he most certainly does NOT look like a coyote.
So I told him the truth. I said "Sir, I don't like talking about it in public because.. well.. I can't get away from them. He's got just a little bit of wolf in him. Echo loves people so much he'd spend all day being petted, and while people pet him, they talk about the wolf hybrids they had in the past."

He was finally understanding about that and let me leave. I ended up with no bones because I just wanted out of there, away from such an uneducated law enforcer.

Here's my little "coyote" ! hahaha :lol: Some of the first pictures of him active after getting the snip.

And here he is yelling at me on the way home from the vet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3NVUKILunRk
Viltor

Postby Viltor » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:53 pm

The irony! If you saw that on a tv show you would go "That kinda stuff never happens!" Too bad you didnt have any of your pictures with totem, you coulda just said (in an australian accent) "Thats not a coyote, THIS is a coyote"

Also Echo's video on his way home was so cute!
RabbleFox

Postby RabbleFox » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:55 pm

Gah... people who mistake dogs/foxes/coyotes/wolves for each other. They aren't that alike! I've been on Tumblr and had people label coyote pictures as foxes, wolves as coyotes, and shepherds as some kind of wolf-coyote-dog hybrid animal.

Look out! Wild coyote on your coffee table!
~RabbleFox
Viltor

Postby Viltor » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:26 am

Well, it definately explains why people keep seeing bigfoot...

If you cant distinguish between a wolf and a fox, I doubt you would be able to identify any other animals in the forest with shadows and like.
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:15 am

HAHAHA Bigfoot. :lol: Maybe they're seeing real cougars in the forests and mistaking them as bigfoot- bobcats and thinking they're cougars, and so on. We hear tons of "escaped big cat" reports, and it's just a native bobcat. LOTS of people think my cat Lulu is a bobcat, until I tell them differently.

Also, here's a new picture of Echo!
He still changes so often it seems like it's daily, but this is the first one I've gotten that does him any real justice.
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:55 pm

A coyote?!?! That's crazy! And Echo is starting to get a wolfy looking coat now. :]
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage
Viltor

Postby Viltor » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:01 pm

So coyote like there! Really... honest... *cough* Admittedly, I wouldnt think of wolf either.
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:42 pm

:lol: You guys crack me up!

Here are some pictures of him 'posing' for the camera. The first one makes his eyes look really dark (his eyes are more gold than what's pictured), because I didn't use any flash. But it's still pretty.
Chase
Banned
Banned

Postby Chase » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:34 pm

LMAO a coyote, what are people up to these days! :lol: no but seriously though. It's sad to see that LAW ENFORCERS are so misinformed... kinda makes you wonder about the society we live in, uh? :roll:
Oh well, let's get back to Echo. Your little 'coyote' is very handsome! And I agree with Splashstorm, he's definitely getting a wolfier look, as he ages
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Echo photos here!

Postby sarajeku » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:52 pm

Yep. He definitely does get more and more "wolfy" looking as he gets older. It's especially evident in the way he walks, and just moves in general.

He keeps his head down when he walks (although he's such a ham for the camera I can't get a picture of it), he has a very narrow chest so his posture when he's standing is quite "wolfy".
I will try my best to post new pictures and videos in the later in the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chase
Banned
Banned

Postby Chase » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:12 pm

If you don't mind me asking, could you post a picture of him full-body shot from profile, and one from the front (to see his long legs)? I love to watch wolfdogs!
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:14 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtuKKCBir6E

Here's a video of him telling me off on the way home from his neuter. He was very upset with me. This went on for a good half hour, but I only thought to record this much of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NVUKILunRk

Edit:
He's always on the go, but here's the best I can do to show you his long legs.
Chase
Banned
Banned

Postby Chase » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:21 pm

Cute video! Haha
And he is very beautiful, can't wait to see him when he'll be an adult
Talys

Postby Talys » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:44 pm

OH. MY. GOSH! That second photo!!! He is growing to be quite the looker! :lol:
~Oreo and Snickerdoodle (cats) & Smaug and Istari (Betta splendens)~