PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Illinois and wolfdogs?

Wolf hybrids or other exotic species crossed with domestic

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Realtree1

Illinois and wolfdogs?

Postby Realtree1 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:34 pm

As Illinois law sits it's illegal to own wolves or wolfdogs and it could get worst if the revised bill passes, but as far as I know that's been relatively forgotten for the time being. Anyhow, I read somewhere else on this site that Illinois would consider allowing wolfdogs in Illinois if a rabies vac would be certified to use on them. Does anyone know how likely that actually is?
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Illinois and wolfdogs?

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:47 pm

Not likely it take millions of dollars and the drug companies have no motivation to do it. It also takes lots of lives as they need to give the wolf dogs rabies to check for how long to quarantine(when they show symptoms and when they shed the virus). They also need to vaccinate a bunch of them and then inject them with rabies to prove if it works and how well it does. They need to house all those animals for at least a year to prove it lasts at least a year. Pretty much zero chance.

The skunk people tried it but could not get enough funds and there are more than wolf dogs out there I think. Ferret people got it done because there are so many of them. All the other species just don't have enough.
Realtree1

Re: Illinois and wolfdogs?

Postby Realtree1 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:15 pm

Okay thats what i figured but i thought id ask thanks.

Return to “Hybrids of Domestic/Exotic canines”