ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

Introducing Draco!

Wolf hybrids or other exotic species crossed with domestic

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

WolfdogServiceDog

Introducing Draco!

Postby WolfdogServiceDog » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:05 pm

Draco is a lower mid content wolfdog rescue. He is also in training to be my service animal. icon-smile

sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Re: Introducing Draco!

Postby sarajeku » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:27 pm

Adorable! How is training coming along? My wolfdog has a stubborn streak, but has otherwise been pretty trainable when he wants to work. I'm wanting to train Echo for search and rescue, and therapy work. He already politely sits or lies down when someone approaches him to pet him.
WolfdogServiceDog

Postby WolfdogServiceDog » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:36 pm

Thanks!

He knows sit, down, touch, up (stand on two feet), an alert, loose leash walking... I'm sure I forgot a few but we're mainly working on stay right now. Unfortunately house-training him has been absolute heck for me.
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:38 pm

WolfdogServiceDog wrote: Unfortunately house-training him has been absolute heck for me.

I had the same problem with Echo. Potty training was a nightmare! It took him months to figure it out, and he immediately regressed when we started getting snow, because he doesn't want to pee in it.
WolfdogServiceDog

Postby WolfdogServiceDog » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:42 pm

The weird thing is, he won't potty on leash! Ever! It's like he hates doing it!I automatically praise and treat him when he goes outside in the back and potty's but he never really wants to on leash. Especially when walking. :stars:
RabbleFox

Postby RabbleFox » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:26 pm

Beautiful wolfdog! I like his gentle leader. :3
~RabbleFox
WolfdogServiceDog

Postby WolfdogServiceDog » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:34 pm

Thanks! It's actually a halti. I find that it works better as the gentle leader used to rub my dogs noses badly, and the halti has better padding. :)
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:39 pm

Nice pics
WolfdogServiceDog

Postby WolfdogServiceDog » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:31 pm

Thanks Cindy. :)
RabbleFox

Postby RabbleFox » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:57 pm

WolfdogServiceDog wrote:Thanks! It's actually a halti. I find that it works better as the gentle leader used to rub my dogs noses badly, and the halti has better padding. :)

Ah brands... I never get them right! The halti has a more equine halter look to it too. I like it!

How old is Draco? A wolfdog service dog will do wonders for those who have anti-wolf stereotypes stuck in their heads!
~RabbleFox
WolfdogServiceDog

Postby WolfdogServiceDog » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:51 am

I agree! I like it much better than the gentle leader. :)

Draco is going on 7 months now. ^_^ I got him last month and he has learned SO fast.

I agree on the getting rid of the stereotypes, however there are those who have it in there head to stop me no matter what. I've gotten quite a bit of harassment because of it. Claiming there going to the DOJ, when in all actuality, they can't do anything about it as they aren't restricted and I already cleared it with my local authorities.

He's even got his own blog! Well..half mine and half his. XD
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:29 am

WolfdogServiceDog wrote:I agree on the getting rid of the stereotypes, however there are those who have it in there head to stop me no matter what. I've gotten quite a bit of harassment because of it. Claiming there going to the DOJ, when in all actuality, they can't do anything about it as they aren't restricted and I already cleared it with my local authorities.

People like this is why I very rarely tell strangers, some friends, (or even family members I don't fully trust) what Echo actually is. He is listed as a husky/shepherd mix at the vet, and when someone asks what he is, my typical response is "a rescue". I take Echo everywhere I go, so he meets a lot of people, and he ADORES kids. But if I were to tell a mother that the dog their 3 years old is laying on (he's very tolerant) is "part wolf" she would immediately panic even if she knew better. It's just that ingrained in people that wolfdogs (even ones like my low) are dangerous.

Also, Draco is the same age as Echo!
RabbleFox

Postby RabbleFox » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:17 pm

WolfdogServiceDog wrote:He's even got his own blog! Well..half mine and half his. XD

How cool! I blog also. Mind posting a link? I like reading blogs about pets. Especially really cool ones like Draco!
~RabbleFox
TartokTikaani94

Postby TartokTikaani94 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:41 am

OMG! I want your dog! lol, I've always had a mad love for wolves but the black wolves and wolfdogs are my #1 fav! Hes soooo handsome!
Tama Tala sled dogs.

Return to “Hybrids of Domestic/Exotic canines”