please read this regarding toxic dog foods: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14637

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

Can you own a Wolf Hybrid legally in Florida or Wisconsin?

Wolf hybrids or other exotic species crossed with domestic

Moderators: hecate, Ash, TamanduaGirl

Laughing Hyena

Can you own a Wolf Hybrid legally in Florida or Wisconsin?

Postby Laughing Hyena » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:39 pm

I was reading in Florida you can own a Wolf Hybrid but if it has more Wolf in it than Dog you'll need a permit but if the Hybrid has more Dog in it than Wolf you don't need a permit. Is that true? Anyways I think a low percentage Wolf Hybrid can easily be mistaken as a Siberian Husky or Alaskan Malamute lol. And anyone know if you can own a Wolf Hybrid in Wisconsin? I haven't read anything that says yes or no on this matter except pure wolves being illegal and I did read you can own a Fox or a Coyote in Wisconsin as long as you keep it outside in a pen it can't be allowed inside your house and you need a permit. But nothing on Wolf Hybrids I read for Wisconsin.
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Re: Can you own a Wolf Hybrid legally in Florida or Wisconsi

Postby Cindy23323 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:37 pm

Florida law used to be anything over 75% then you would need a class II wildlife permit, but in 2009 it was changed to state this
Hybrids resulting from the cross between wildlife and domestic animal, which
are substantially similar in size, characteristics and behavior so as to be
indistinguishable from the wild animal shall be regulated as wildlife at the
higher and more restricted class of the wild parent.

So as long as you can see a few dog traits you're ok.

Wisconsin passed a new one a couple years ago saying you had to get a permit it is supposed to be really simple to get from a couple people i've talked to in wisconsin. But you will have to have a enclosure and the animals will have to be fixed.

Here's a link to the ruling on wisconsin now
http://www.wisconsinagconnection.com/st ... 82&yr=2010
Laughing Hyena

Re: Can you own a Wolf Hybrid legally in Florida or Wisconsi

Postby Laughing Hyena » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:52 am

Thank you for the info! Speaking of which my family knew a guy who lived in Wisconsin who owned a Black Bear it was pretty cool. He owned this restaurant and after customers were done eating they usually went in the back of the restaurant to see the bear. I never knew you could own Black Bears in Wisconsin too but yet again I think he was using it for zoological purposes and entertainment for the public which is why he was allowed to keep it probably. I wonder if that Bears still alive I remember seeing it when I was a kid and it was a cub and when I was 15 years old it was a full grown bear. The owner died a few years ago and I believe they said the ownership of the bear and his restaurant went to his daughter.

Return to “Hybrids of Domestic/Exotic canines”