PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Stunning<3

Wolf hybrids or other exotic species crossed with domestic

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

w0lfygirl

Stunning<3

Postby w0lfygirl » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:31 pm

I found this picture in my dA feed from someone that i watch, and i have to say that dog in the middle is stunning!!!

They said that he/she is a husky/wolf mix, and i figured so at first but i wasn't sure till i read through the comments. Any one have an idea if that's correct or even who her breeder/parents may possibly be if she is a wolfdog?

He/She set my heart out of place, i've never felt that a dog was so beautiful as that! Surely beautiful but it has the perfect everything IMO. And that little heart on their muzzle is just too darling<3 :mrgreen:
The smallest things in life can make the biggest changes, even when we don't realize it.
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Re: Stunning<3

Postby sarajeku » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:22 am

Did you talk to them? The description on that photo on dA says Keepers is a husky mix. It doesn't say anything about wolf.
http://browse.deviantart.com/art/Food-Please-378928855

Anyway, I don't see any wolf. But she might be a low/no? It's difficult to tell by that picture alone. From what I can see personally, she's a very pretty husky mix.

Cindy will know better than I do.
w0lfygirl

Postby w0lfygirl » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:01 am

I read through the comments, they had replied to one of the earlier comments saying that she was mixed with a wolf. I made a comment asking the content and if they knew her origins, not sure if they'll reply though.

I'm curious about it, if she's not a wolf dog, i want to know what she's actually mixed with because i really want that mix XD
The smallest things in life can make the biggest changes, even when we don't realize it.
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:50 am

Not really seeing any wolf in there either. I agree with sarajeku, if there's any she's a low/no
But they do remind me of the Naids.
Check out her passed breeder Vasti. This breeder used to be a wolfdog breeder that is well none for killing most of her wolfdogs when the state went illegal and keeping the low content non wolfie looking ones to start her Naid line
http://www.majesticview1.com/NAIDs/Past ... 20Dams.htm
w0lfygirl

Postby w0lfygirl » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:47 am

I see, i figured she would have been a low if she is, i could tell myself it was definitely not high or mid.
I really just love her general facial structure and her eyes, i love her coat too, but i don't have luck enough to catch a dog with a coat as beautiful as that.

It's sad they had to do that to all their wolfdogs.
I'll just wait and see what the owner says. Perhaps they were scammed and told she was a wolfdog but she isn't, i have no idea.
Juska

Postby Juska » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:21 am

It seems to be a trend for people to say their dogs are part wolf to make themselves feel special. I've met lots of dogs who weren't even close to any sort of wolf shape or behavior, yet people insisted that their dog was almost exclusively a wolf.

Quite a few years ago I met someone walking a Beagle past a yard sale and she was saying to someone else about how her dog was a German "Shep-HURD" (it's tan colored with a black saddle, so it obviously MUST be a GS; her words) and Timber Wolf. 98% Timber Wolf, in fact. :roll:
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
w0lfygirl

Postby w0lfygirl » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:59 am

OOkkkay..Because yea, that makes the most obvious sense ^^;
A gs..and a timber wolf.. would not give you a short long eared flopped lipped dog like that. Whoever that was..they need to like, go home, cause they're obviously drunk.
(not literally, internet meme for those who don't know.)
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:06 pm

Juska wrote:It seems to be a trend for people to say their dogs are part wolf to make themselves feel special. I've met lots of dogs who weren't even close to any sort of wolf shape or behavior, yet people insisted that their dog was almost exclusively a wolf.

Quite a few years ago I met someone walking a Beagle past a yard sale and she was saying to someone else about how her dog was a German "Shep-HURD" (it's tan colored with a black saddle, so it obviously MUST be a GS; her words) and Timber Wolf. 98% Timber Wolf, in fact. :roll:

I talked to a woman in tractor supply yesterday, when I was walking Echo around, who claimed she had a "permit" to keep pure wolves. So I said "Oh? You have your USDA license?" She said "No it's a different one."
So I knew she was BSing me. We discussed this in another forum here, so I won't get into it now.

She showed me a picture of her "pure" wolf, and it looked like a german shepherd, and maybe lab mix.
She kept commenting that Echo looked like a wolf and how pretty and well behaved he was and since she seemed like an idiot (or maybe she thought I was one), I told her Echo was a husky/shepherd mix. Very rarely do I ever mention that he even has a smidgen of wolf in him when I have him in public. That just opens up a whooole new can of worms.

She said multiple times how she'd LOOOVE to have a "wolf" his color and that both of hers looked like the one she showed me. And I felt like whacking her over the head with something hard and saying "HE IS NOT A WOLF."

I don't know if someone lied to her or if she just thought I wouldn't know the difference, but her dog was just a regular tan with a black saddle color. I don't see how one could mistake that for a pure wolf. :wall:
Talys

Postby Talys » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:39 pm

A phenomenal example of when you should have used the "sibergermamute."
~Oreo and Snickerdoodle (cats) & Smaug and Istari (Betta splendens)~
w0lfygirl

Postby w0lfygirl » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:53 pm

See, it would make sense if people atleast had british timbers or northern inuits, then i'd probably have to investigate. (Seriously planning on getting one of these beauties in the next few years)
But for things that ridiculous? People are downright fools.

Edit;
got back to the husky's owner, she said he's a very low content, so at least they're not trying to claim he's like half or something XD
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:24 pm

There was an old guy around here that had an Australian Shepard mix. It died in a fire and he asked me if I knew how he could get another dingo.
w0lfygirl

Postby w0lfygirl » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:30 pm

It's sad that it died, R.i.p to him/her.
Oi.. A dingo.. -facepalm-

Return to “Hybrids of Domestic/Exotic canines”