Change of plans. (2015 puppy!)

Wolf hybrids or other exotic species crossed with domestic

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Change of plans. (2015 puppy!)

Postby sarajeku » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:40 pm

I still plan to get a high content, but not as soon as I planned. I've decided to wait until I'm little (or a lot) more experienced with wolfdogs before I get a high. I'd rather know what I'm doing, before I jump in head first with a high content wolfdog.

Also, things with my family have changed, and I'm not in a position to take in a wolfdog puppy this upcoming year anymore. :cry: My 2 year old nephew is living with us, and I just don't feel comfortable bringing a HC into the picture (with me still learning about them) with him in the home.

So, I've decided to wait until 2015, when he will hopefully be living with a family member.
My very good friend will be breeding a litter of mid contents, and I am on the list for one of her spring 2015 mid puppies! I'm on the list for a gray pup. The mother is a lower high content and the father is a low mid, so it should be a great pair for solid mids. I don't know whether or not I want a male or female- and I'm not picky. I think I might wait until the pup is born before I choose gender, and just pick the pup I want no matter what the gender (I'm 2nd on the list). Ahhhh! Is it 2015 yet?!?!?

I'm super excited! Here's the list of names I've come up with so far.. I don't know which I like best.

Akasha (Uh-kash-aa)
Tela (Tee-luh)
Akira (Ah-keer-uh)
Tenchi - Means "heavenly spirit"
Citlali (Seat-lah-lee) - Means "star" in Nahuatl
Nayeli (Nigh-yell-ee) - Means "I love you" in Zapotec
Shikoba (She-koh-ba) - Means "feather" in Choctaw
Adoette (ah-doh-ay-tuh) - Means "tree" in Kiowa
Catori (Kah-tore-ee) - Means "spirit" in Hopi i
Elsu (El-soo) - Means "flying falcon"
Rozene (Roh-zay-nuh) - Means "rose"
Enapay (Ena-paj) - Means "brave" in Sioux
Enola (Ay-no-luh) - Means "solitary"
Kitkun - Means "night bird"
Macha (Mah-sha) - Means "aurora" in Sioux
Maska - Means "strong"
Onida (On-eh-duh) - Means "long awaited"
Otekah (Oh-tee-kuh) - Means "sun maiden" in Navajo
Sani (Sah-nee) - Means "the old one"
Sinopa (Sin-oh-puh) - Means "fox" in Blackfoot
Tiponi - Means "child of importance" in Hopi
Tolinka - Means "coyote's long flapping ears" in Miwok
Zonta - Means "trusted" in Sioux
veralidaine

Re: Change of plans. (2015 puppy!)

Postby veralidaine » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:03 pm

Wow, super exciting. I really like the names Nayeli, Shikoba, and Tiponi. I may have to use one of those with a future animal haha. I've already decided that any dogs I have will be named after famous painters (my family's chocolate lab, in my profile pic, is named Rembrandt)

Best of luck with everything!
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:48 am

Sorry it didn't work out to be sooner, but at least you will be much more prepared. You made a very responsible decision, keeping your circumstances in mind. Personally, I think with your experience already you'd be more than ready for a high content. :icon-wink:

I can't wait until you get your pup. That will be so exciting. Just like with Echo, I expect a major picture spam when he or she gets here!
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
Nìmwey

Postby Nìmwey » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:13 am

It's always wise to wait, something I wish I'd done with several animals in the past. I THINK I've learned my lesson now.

Nayeli is a wonderful name, and I'm actually using it for a character in my fantasy/sci-fi project. icon-smile
My main interest is in parrots, dogs, toothed whales and snakes.
Future animals I want to have when we have land are camels, wolfdogs/wolves, coyotes or jackals, striped hyena or aardwolf. Also poultry, rabbits water buffalo and/or yak for livestock.
Jen Jen

Postby Jen Jen » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:48 am

To bad you have to wait, but a very wise decision. I can't wait for bunches of pictures when the time finally comes.

I like Kitkun, personally.
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:52 am

Oh, there will definitely be picture spam! You can count on that!

I hope Beth doesn't mind me posting her pictures here, but just in case, here's the link back to her webpage, for free advertising:
Full of Heart Kennels
This will be the mother of the litter. She's currently 8 months old (I think), which is why the litter will be in 2015 and no sooner.
This would be the father of the litter. He's sired some BEAUTIFUL pups already.

omg. I can't wait! I'm leaning toward "Catori" at the moment. It just sounds kind of gender neutral to me and I like the sound and meaning both.

OH! And I've called F&W and a few other places to find out about the "25% or below" law for wolfdogs here. Turns out, wherever that was posted, wasn't an official KY website, because no one knew what I was talking about, nor could they even find reference to what I was talking about. It is perfectly legal to own a higher content wolfdog here. All that is required is a health certificate to bring him/her into the state. So there's that. :mrgreen:
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:01 am

Its on this list, but the list she copied from the original before it went down about a year or so ago. And that list was already old (2002), so it must of changed since then.

http://wolfology1.tripod.com/id180.htm
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:35 am

Thanks Cindy. I'm not going to argue laws on this thread. If there's a problem, I'll just get it in writing, what I was told.

That website still isn't the official KY website. Show me (and Chet from F&W) the law on a website that is NOT some list, and I'll believe it.
I have a thread just for this law somewhere. If there's any more we need to say, we can say it there.
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:17 am

Woah slow down. That was abit rude of you. Why are you jumping to conclusions that I am trying to argue. I wasn't trying to argue. I totally believe what you are saying and I was just saying the list was old and that the laws have changed a lot I'm sure since the person made it.
RabbleFox

Postby RabbleFox » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:04 pm

What handsome parents! I can only imagine what a cutie your pup will be. icon-smile
~RabbleFox
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:03 am

I know! I'm so excited. Beth (the breeder) says the female gets visibly sad when she takes her out into public and people don't stop to pet her. She adores attention and has an amazing temperament. She says the male also has a great temperament, and is known to have beautiful puppies with awesome personalities.

I'm (tentatively) leaning toward a male, after weighing pros & cons and the personalities of the two furkids I have now.
RabbleFox

Postby RabbleFox » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:40 am

sarajeku wrote:I know! I'm so excited. Beth (the breeder) says the female gets visibly sad when she takes her out into public and people don't stop to pet her. She adores attention and has an amazing temperament. She says the male also has a great temperament, and is known to have beautiful puppies with awesome personalities.

I'm (tentatively) leaning toward a male, after weighing pros & cons and the personalities of the two furkids I have now.

Boy dogs rock! Maybe I'm biased...

I expect insane photo spam when he (or she) arrives! Are there any past puppy photos somewhere?
~RabbleFox
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:50 am

It will be the first litter from this pair. Issa is only 7 (maybe 8?) months old now. Which is why the litter is planned for 2015 (provided she produces that year). But Gabe has produced some awesome lows!
https://www.facebook.com/FullOfHeartKennels

These are lows from Gabe's previous litter.
RabbleFox

Postby RabbleFox » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:58 pm

Woah! Those are some super wolfy low contents. (To my layman's eye :icon-wink: ) Super handsome! I can't wait till you get your pup.
~RabbleFox
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:03 pm

I'm excited to see what the puppy looks like. Keep us updated for sure!
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula

Return to “Hybrids of Domestic/Exotic canines”