PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Meet Nashoba!

Wolf hybrids or other exotic species crossed with domestic

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

TartokTikaani94

Re: Meet Nashoba!

Postby TartokTikaani94 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:28 pm

Well that's a good thing to know. My dog is hard headed and will pull, but only runs when other dogs are around (when shes hooked up to the scooter).
Do you think I would have any problems with the spay and neuter center at the SPCA with her? What would happen if she bites anyone? I keep her UTD on her distemper and rabies shots, would they put her down if something happen? I've had her with me since day one, shes never been left alone with strangers before and I fear what would happen if she is... Maybe I'm just an over protective mommy, but I'm still scared.

Also I would like to note that the house we were gonna get, another person just put an offer down on it today :'( So allot of prayer to find another house for sale is very much needed...(maybe even one that's fox friendly?). The place we live in now is driving us all crazy cause it's very small and well, if anyone has ever heard of Delaware city, you will know what I mean. It's to the point now, one wrong move and we could get evicted.

Btw, I sent the breeders of Nashoba a email asking for pics of her parents, hopefully he has some and I can post them soon! :)
Tama Tala sled dogs.
TartokTikaani94

Postby TartokTikaani94 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:52 pm

well I got a last years pic of her to work, it cuts off a bit to the right but at least its a avatar pic.
Tama Tala sled dogs.
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:12 pm

:mrgreen: Yay! You got an avatar up! I like the picture too. I need to change mine soon. I've got a few new pictures I can't decide between though.

The SPCA spay neuter clinic is still a vet spaying your dog. If something happens that she bites someone (which is still unlikely because she'll be sedated) they will understand that it is because she is in an unfamiliar place, away from her owner, being handled by vets. You can always talk to them about it and let them know of your concerns. But my cat was the absolute DEVIL when I left her and I got her back in once piece. And they made me come to the back to get her and put her in her crate myself, because she scratched and chewed up every one of the techs and the vets when they tried.

I was SO worried about Echo when he was neutered. I did NOT want to leave him there, but I had to. It was part of his adoption contract. My poor boy was so mad at me when I picked him up. He yelled at me the whole trip home.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NVUKILunRk
Juska

Postby Juska » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:17 pm

I've worked with plenty of scared/aggressive dogs, and I've seen quite a few other people (never myself) get bitten, but it's all part of the job. You get it done and then it's over. There's not a whole lot that can go wrong at a vet's office. She'll be sedated quickly and then she will sleep through it all, and wake up never knowing what happened besides some stitches in her belly. If she is nervous you could ask to be in the room with her while they give her the sedative.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
TartokTikaani94

Postby TartokTikaani94 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:23 am

Thank you all for the advice!
Tama Tala sled dogs.
TartokTikaani94

Postby TartokTikaani94 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:36 am

Grr, she chewed up yet another pillow I put in her cage. Everything that even gets near her cage I can consider being gone.
Tama Tala sled dogs.

Return to “Hybrids of Domestic/Exotic canines”