PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Wolf-Dogs

Wolf hybrids or other exotic species crossed with domestic

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

FOXman

Wolf-Dogs

Postby FOXman » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:55 pm

Which domestic dog will make the highest quality hybrid in puppies?

and also.... Can a hybrid mate? Like some species, when they are crossed with others, can't mate.. So can they?
When I see my future foxie for the first time, I'll know that it was worth the wait.
Lasergrl

Postby Lasergrl » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:43 am

They are not hybrids. They are the same species really. Nowadays they are called wolf-dogs by most breeders.

I think it depends what you want to produce that makesthe best wolf dog. Looks vs temperment. I think the usual cross of sheherd or malamute is often terrible because they can cause some aggression issues, but they make the best looking. Of course a good breeder will use high uality mals and shepherds that dont have temperment problems, but most are not good breeders....
The best coss I ever saw was wolf/elkhound but that isnt what people usually breed with because they want "big".
Juska

Postby Juska » Sun May 02, 2010 1:54 pm

I saw a lab/wolf cross once, a long time ago. It was probably the most "tame" wolf cross I've ever met, though she was also pretty old. She looked like a normal lab, except with the agouti color wolves have, slightly larger paws than a lab's (lab paws are usually big anyway) and erect ears.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
Chase
Banned
Banned

Re: Wolf-Dogs

Postby Chase » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:03 am

I'd say breeding a wolf with either an elkhound, an agouti coated husky or a Tamaskan would create the wolfiest wolfdogs.

Return to “Hybrids of Domestic/Exotic canines”