PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Pics of the gang

Wolf hybrids or other exotic species crossed with domestic

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

caninesrock

Re: Pics of the gang

Postby caninesrock » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:22 am

You are so lucky. ^^Woves, wolfdogs, and all species of foxes(because they are considered a fur-bearing animal under the law) are illegal as pets here. :( Beautiful wolfdogs by the way. If you hadn't said differently, I would have thought they were pure wolves.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:48 pm

Thanks, a well bred high content wolfdog should look like a pure wolf. There should be practically no differences in looks, there might be a slight something that the trained eye will be able to tell. That also goes for behavior too though.
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:02 am

Sorry but I got loads of pics to share.

The first two, I wanted to share to show how Selene has no food aggression what so ever. I couldn't talk my son into going into the enclosure to get pics of him with them, because if you notice his hair is wet and he had just taken a shower and didn't want to get dirty. (Ugg kids) If you look at Selene's mouth she has a treat she's holding onto while get rubbed all over her head.

This one i would say she was smelling the flowers in, but it appears more like she was smelling the weeds.
Last edited by Cindy23323 on Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:05 am

Now some of Loki

sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:44 am

They're so cute! I love that last picture of Loki. He looks like he's posing.
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:09 pm

Selene was sneaking up to steal his chicken
Unfortunately Loki turned his head and Selene got his chicken. He tried to sneak up to get it back, but as soon as the hackles went up in this pic, he took off running, he's such a big baby, had to go get him some more chicken.

Had to add a couple pics of Max
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:14 pm

Silly Loki!

Once again, I have to say your wolfdogs are gorgeous.

How much and how often do you have to feed them? Do they need the nutritional requirements as a pure wolf?
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:21 pm

Yes they have to be fed as a pure wolf would. They can't eat just any old cheap kibble or it runs straight threw them and does nothing. If you feed kibble it has to be a high protein, high fat food, that doesnt really have any corn, soy or wheat in it. I have a free feeder that i keep full with Diamond naturals extreme athlete, which has a protein level of 32% and fat 25%. I also give them 4 raw chicken quarters a day.
amanda2826

Postby amanda2826 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:01 pm

I just came across this topic and I must say.. WOW! Your babies are absolutely stunning! You are very lucky to have them. So beautiful! icon_biggin.gif
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:57 pm

I just realized I never commented on the post you made of the bubble bath. That's so adorable when Loki or maybe it was Selene had the bubbles on his/her nose. :lol:

And yea. You put some pictures of Max. Poor Max doesn't get enough attention in the photos. Lol. XD

How's your fox? Do you still have her? I've never seen you post photos of her other than in the first post here and I haven't seen you talk about her here.

Also, for wolves, I noticed you said you feed your wolfdogs Diamond Naturals. I've never heard of that brand before,but I've seen the brands Blue Buffalo and a brand called Wilderness that are supposed to be high protein foods that mimic an animal's natural diet. Are you familiar with these? How good or bad would they be to feed a pure wolf?
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:29 pm

No we no longer have Roxie. We were talking to Loki's breeder and she had a lonely little male by himself and had been hoping to find a young female to be his companion for over a year but didnt have any such luck. So we made the hard choice to let her go live with him.

Diamond is a brand that you can usually find in places like Tractor supply stores, or feed stores. Here we have a place called Southern states that carries it.
Yes I've heard of them, but they are abit more pricey.

Blue Buffaloe Life Protection Formul Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe has a protein of 26% and fat of 12%
That particular one seems to have the highest %'s that I've found in the blue buffaloes. Thats around $50 for a 33lb bag here

Wilderness is made by Blue Buffaloe, its protein is 34% and fat 15%, it cost about $52 for a 24lb bag.

The Diamond naturals extreme athlete that I'm using has a protein level of 32% and fat 25% and I'm paying $28 for a 50lb bag

You can feed the same things you feed to a high content wd to a pure wolf. Loki's breeder has pures and she feeds kibble, unfortunately not a very good brand though in my opinion.
Ciaobella

Postby Ciaobella » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:26 pm

Your gang is amazingly beautiful! Absolutely stunning, it must be a treat to wake up to those faces everyday :)
Was Cierpke, lost password xD
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:42 pm

Ciaobella wrote:Your gang is amazingly beautiful! Absolutely stunning, it must be a treat to wake up to those faces everyday :)

Its a treat after I get home from work, I get up at 3 am to go to work and at that hour nothings a treat, lol
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:32 pm

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c399/sin23323/s-12.jpgimg]

caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:15 am

Oh. I just remembered the names of the other foods I heard of. They are made spefically for exotic carnivores. One is called Mazuri and the other is called ZuPreem. But I guess the dog foods are probably better becuase they are spefically for canids where as I believe both of the above foods are just genereally made for any carnivore.

Return to “Hybrids of Domestic/Exotic canines”