PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Tamaskan Dogs. Wolf in them or not?

Wolf hybrids or other exotic species crossed with domestic

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

User avatar
caninesrock
Posts: 2076
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:59 am
Location: Texas

Re: Tamaskan Dogs. Wolf in them or not?

Postby caninesrock » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:46 pm

Ciaobella wrote:I'm not going to doubt you know a thing or two about wolves based on having some volunteering experience. I agree that not every dog owner is an expert. BUT what I am talking about kind of mirrors what Cindy is saying. You can't go look something up then call it fact. Just because you read it in a book DOES NOT make it true. Just because you read a few things on the internet DOES NOT make it true.

I'm not sure how to get my point across here because I'm not exactly sure how to put it. All I can say is that just because you have some volunteer experience with one or two exotic species, doesn't make you expert on all.

I never claimed to be an expert on any. My point was(and if I had to do this alot on other sites such as Deviantart, thanks to some unknown idiot that decided to make up the ridiculous term of wolfaboo :roll: ) to show that I'm not completey and totally clueless about wolves or wolfdogs. I hate that word, "wolf-a-boo". :-x Basically, it's a deragoratory term origninally applied to anyone who was obssessed with wolves but only knew stuff about them from fiction and not any nonfiction stuff but it's come to be applied to anyone who has a wolf as a favorite animal, draws wolves alot,or enjoys watching wolves in ficition, wishes to own a wolf or a wolfdog as a pet,etc. regardless of whether or not they actually know real facts about wolves or wolfdogs. Wolfaboo haters will make mean comments on any wolf art accusing you of not caring about more unique or actually endangered species and bash you for having a more common and in their opinion overly-popular animal in their eyes as your favorite animal. And God-forbid you bring up the point that wolves are only popular on the internet and that in the real world many people still hate and fear wolves and that they don't need to add to that themselves for stupid reasons of thinking "wolves are too popular". Seriously, there are whole groups of wolf hate-art drawing graphic pictures of wolves being killed or dead made just because these people hate wolves merely because they think they "are too popular". I almost hate this group of people more than I hate ranchers who have an almost legimate reason of hating wolves do to their livestock killing habits(although even that is greatly over-exaggerated as most of those are actually misindetified cases of feral dog livestock attacks).

I disagree about something not being fact just because it was in a book. It depends on the book. If it's a book from a reliable source and it's a statement that remains consistent throughout many other books that are also written by or researched from reliable sources, then I am going to consider it a fact. Again, I'll give the examples of wolves living in packs. Practically every book on wolves(maybe even every book. I don't know becuase I haven't read every book that's out there on wolves as there's so many and that would take ages) says they live in packs. A good majority of these books are from reliable sources so I am going to consider that a fact.

The internet, however, I will agree with you on as there is alot of wrong information floating around on the internet, even on some ".org" sites I've noticed.

Also,maybe I'm missing something,but what other species have I ever claimed to know a thing or two about besides wolves,wolfdogs, and domestic dogs?

I've expressed interest in more species than that. True. But I don't recall ever claiming that I knew a ton about any of the other said species.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
User avatar
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant
Posts: 563
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:33 am
Location: virginia
Contact:

Re: Tamaskan Dogs. Wolf in them or not?

Postby Cindy23323 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:44 pm

caninesrock wrote:Ok. Sorry. I didn't know it was a name originally invented by scam artists. Are there any legimate breeders of mid or low-content wolf-malamute mixes?

Do you know anything about Watson's wolves?
http://www.watsonswolves.com/

Would you say his dogs are low-content malamute mix or no contents(maybe Northern Inuit Dogs) that he's just scamming people with?

I don't doubt what Shaun does is nuts and dangerous and also doesn't have to be done to be accepted by wolves. However, what it does do, as even admitted by some scientists who think he's insane, is give interesting and intimate incites into the inner workings of wolf society and heiracy that have never been fully experienced even by people who live among wolves but not as wolves. That being said, I do think he's off his rocker and probably going to end up dead(just like poor Steve Irwin. God rest his soul.),but atleast he seems to support ownership of and human interaction with wolves which is more than can be said for alot of "experts" and atlleast he seems to genuinley love wolves(albiet a little too much) and doesn't mistreat them like those puppymills and scammers you mentioned do(although most of the time those are really just dogs anyway,but still).

As for tabloids,I love to read that really crazy one about the end of the world and Batboy and stuff. I think it's called "The Sun" or something like that. I don't believe it though. :mrgreen: I just gives me a nice entertaining laugh. :lol:

I don't know what I personally believe about hybrids. I do know though that in the conservation world(and especially the captive conservation world like zoos), that subspecies hybrids are considered almost as horrible if not as horrible as species level hybrids as most in conservation are trying to perserve at a subspecies level. I can't say I blame them. I for one wouldn't like to see the beautiful Mexican Gray Wolf subspecies go extinct because it's considered alright to crossbreed it with another more common subspecies of wolf just because they are the same species.

Then again, I do love some species level hybrids such as zorse(horse x zebra) and liger(lion x tiger),but to be fair, horses are nowhere near endangered,and zebra, lions,and tigers,though still endangered in the wild, have excellent even surplus numbers in captivity so the pure ones aren't in danger of fading out of exsistance. Mexican Gray Wolves,however, have only 300 in captivity with only about 50 in the wild.

Of course, I don't mind wolfdogs or wolf subspecies x wolf subspecies crosses that use non-endangered wolf subspecies though.


I know there used to be a watson wolves in florida, that was breeding low's calling them highs, but it was a different website and different animals shown. This appears to be a different one. By looking at the pics I'd say these were just northern breed mixes. Funny how they say they sell wolves and wolf hybrids. There's not a wolfy looking animal in the bunch. And are they seriously calling these animals pures beings the puppy page they have named "the wolf puppies" ? Wow, solid white babies, babies with face markings, points and all, lol

I dont think anyone is mixing the mexican wolves thoug with any other subspecies of wolf. Couldnt imagine a breeder being able to actually get ahold of one in the first place, or even a red wolf. Now I do know of people being able to get ahold of tundra's, arctics, british columbians, and alaskan interiors though.
User avatar
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant
Posts: 563
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:33 am
Location: virginia
Contact:

Re: Tamaskan Dogs. Wolf in them or not?

Postby Cindy23323 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:00 pm

Oh on the low content breeders, no there's not that many legit ones. There's the blue bay shepards that you already came acrossed, but some of those pups are f6 35% and 30% and she considers them not to be wolfdogs at that point. They're in Fl. http://www.bluebayshepherds.com/ She also breeds mid content wolfdogs too. http://www.wolfhybrids.com/
There is also Rick in SC, not sure if he's still breeding but he used to breed a nice mid line http://highhillskennels.webs.com/
Ann Dresselhaus breeds a line thats so low she considers them to be dogs only also, the alaskan noble companion dog. She's accomplished alot with her animals, she's even had some hearding and etc. etc.
http://alaskannoblecd.weebly.com/index.html
User avatar
caninesrock
Posts: 2076
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:59 am
Location: Texas

Re: Tamaskan Dogs. Wolf in them or not?

Postby caninesrock » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:44 am

Cindy23323 wrote:Oh on the low content breeders, no there's not that many legit ones. There's the blue bay shepards that you already came acrossed, but some of those pups are f6 35% and 30% and she considers them not to be wolfdogs at that point. They're in Fl. http://www.bluebayshepherds.com/ She also breeds mid content wolfdogs too. http://www.wolfhybrids.com/
There is also Rick in SC, not sure if he's still breeding but he used to breed a nice mid line http://highhillskennels.webs.com/
Ann Dresselhaus breeds a line thats so low she considers them to be dogs only also, the alaskan noble companion dog. She's accomplished alot with her animals, she's even had some hearding and etc. etc.
http://alaskannoblecd.weebly.com/index.html

Thank you Cindy. I love the Blue Bay Shepards and Alaskan Noble Companion Dogs. That's actually what the BBS and ANCD in my breed wishlist part of my signature stand for. Just couldn't fit the whole names without my signature being too long.;)

Oh, do you know any low content malamute-wolf breeders who are legit like any breeders that have wolfdogs that look like this 30% wolf at Wolf Park:
http://texx-wolf-hybrid-rescue.webs.com ... _malx2.jpg

Or maybe any that look like this low content(34% or less)?:
[url]http://texx-wolf-hybrid-rescue.webs.com/CID[8].bmp[/url]
http://texx-wolf-hybrid-rescue.webs.com/CID[8].bmp
[img]http://texx-wolf-hybrid-rescue.webs.com/CID[8].bmp[/img]

Or even like this guy(but preferably like the first two):
Image

All photos are from here:
http://texx-wolf-tails.webs.com/wolfdogscomparison.htm
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
User avatar
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant
Posts: 563
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:33 am
Location: virginia
Contact:

Re: Tamaskan Dogs. Wolf in them or not?

Postby Cindy23323 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:06 pm

Thats Natasha's in Texas website.
If you were going to go with something like those first two pics, they dont look too wolfie to me and you could get a dog that looked just as good as them. I dont get the point of wanting a wolfdog that does not look the slightest bit wolfie at all. (not talking about the last pic you have posted there, he does look wolfie)
This guy here looks just as good as them if not better in my opinion and he's a pure blooded dog
Image
User avatar
caninesrock
Posts: 2076
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:59 am
Location: Texas

Re: Tamaskan Dogs. Wolf in them or not?

Postby caninesrock » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:41 pm

Cindy23323 wrote:Thats Natasha's in Texas website.
If you were going to go with something like those first two pics, they dont look too wolfie to me and you could get a dog that looked just as good as them. I dont get the point of wanting a wolfdog that does not look the slightest bit wolfie at all. (not talking about the last pic you have posted there, he does look wolfie)
This guy here looks just as good as them if not better in my opinion and he's a pure blooded dog
Image

I want one like the ones I posted because I like the facial features that are produced by crossing wolf with malamute in a low content. Also, I want a dog that looks like Jed from White Fang and they remind me of him. I don't want a wolfdog that looks like a pure wolf as I plan on getting a pure wolf as well. Also, low contents are less work than mid or high contents(and good practice for a future pure wolf) and low contents are going to look mostly dog. The two dogs I posted are low-content wolfdogs according to the wolfdog identifcation sites.

About the first one:
The picture is from here:
http://www.wolfpark.org/ccpage2.shtml

It also shows a pic of the dog's full body. The body does look similiar to the wolf's body that its being compared to.


The second one is from here:
http://texx-wolf-tails.webs.com/wolfdogscomparison.htm

I do plan on getting a husky too,but I really love the facial features on those two dogs I posted above as well as the facial features on Jed.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
Alexandre
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 1:00 pm

Re: Tamaskan Dogs. Wolf in them or not?

Postby Alexandre » Mon May 28, 2012 1:07 pm

What a informative article from yours about "Tamaskan Dogs. Wolf in them or not?" ! I like your wolves facts very much because I am so interested about your topic. Thanks for your well sharing.
User avatar
caninesrock
Posts: 2076
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:59 am
Location: Texas

Re: Tamaskan Dogs. Wolf in them or not?

Postby caninesrock » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:14 pm

Alexandre wrote:What a informative article from yours about "Tamaskan Dogs. Wolf in them or not?" ! I like your wolves facts very much because I am so interested about your topic. Thanks for your well sharing.

Not sure if a troll or not,but just wanted to let you if you honestly believed those facts or anyone else know that alot of info on that site is wrong. Wolves can not hunt elephants for example. They don't even live on the same continent as elephants. :roll:
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
Realtree1
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:27 pm

Re: Tamaskan Dogs. Wolf in them or not?

Postby Realtree1 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:06 pm

Yea wolves bite pressure doesn't even come near 1500 psi either,its more like 5-600 psi. So I dont know who made that list of facts, but they obviously aren't a reliable source.

Return to “Hybrids of Domestic/Exotic canines”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests