PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

This is disgusting!

Wolf hybrids or other exotic species crossed with domestic

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

caninesrock

This is disgusting!

Postby caninesrock » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:13 am

Stupid idiot owner's claim on this dog being part wolf when it clearly isn't just beacause he thought it was cool to tell his friends it was, caused this poor dog its life and he expects people to feel sorry for him because he's dog was killled for rabies test? It's his own fault! Not only did he tell his friends, it says that he even wrote that the dog was a wolf hybrid on two vet records which is what made the government officials euthanize the dog since there's no approved rabies vaccine for wolfdogs according to the government and the dog had nipped a child.

Man,people like that make me sick. :twisted:

Full story(and photo) here:
http://www.inetdesign.com/coalition/tucker.html
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: This is disgusting!

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:00 pm

That wasn't written by the owner. The owner wasn't asking you anything. The writer was asking you to feel for the dog.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:16 pm

TamanduaGirl wrote:That wasn't written by the owner. The owner wasn't asking you anything. The writer was asking you to feel for the dog.

I know the owner didn't write it. The owner's irresponsibility in getting the dog killed is what makes me angry and sick though.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

the_unstable

Postby the_unstable » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:49 pm

I don't really think it's "disgusting" and the kind of person that would "make me sick". People do A LOT worse of things than this. The guy just simply thought it was cool, so what, I'm sure a lot of people do. He bought into a fad just as so many others have. And it seems he wasn't just lying because he thought it was cool:

But the history of those statements, as published in an article by Vonda K. Wolcott in the Journal Messenger was that "his girlfriend told him she had learned from (Tucker's previous owner's) ex-wife that Tucker was a "Hybrid." Moreland admitted on the witness stand that he thought it was "cool to tell others Tucker was part wolf."

He was actually told that the dog was part wolf. He probably didn't know any better to realize that the dog was likely not, and I honestly don't see why it would be fair to expect him to. People who don't know anything about exotics, or wolf hybrids specifically, aren't going to know that they should go out and research the animal they own or are considering owning. He likely already had the dog and had no problems with the dog when he found out that it was supposedly a wolf hybrid. If he didn't have any problems with it, he probably didn't think, "Oh, I should research and figure out how to work with this challenging partially-wild animal".

I think this guy did what a lot of people would do. He clearly didn't intend to get his pet killed.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:56 pm

Oh. I didn't see the part about the former owner telling him the dog was supposedly part wolf. Then,the former owner or the breeder who gave the dog to the former owner and lied about it is at fault. The point is though that it's disgusting that someone somewhere along the line of whoever owned,found, and/or bred this dog misrepresented the poor animal and it caused the animal it's life because of someone's ignorance and ego. That's what I find disgusting. That the animal had to pay with it's life just because some human thought it was cool to brag about him being something that it turned out he wasn't even just for their ego's sake.

the_unstable

Postby the_unstable » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:27 pm

I'm still not sure I'd describe it as disgusting, especially considering the lack of intent. I don't believe the intention was "Let's tell these people this dog has wolf in it so it'll get killed and tested for rabies later". They likely didn't realize the harm in it. Maybe the dog was sold as a hybrid to make money. Immoral, yes, to rip someone off and lie like that, but I doubt the intent was so it would be killed.

Also do not forget that it wasn't just about the dog being called a hybrid. This dog bit a child, and that is the important part. Should it have lived on, maybe it would have done worse to someone in the future. That is hard to say. The animal is not entirely innocent and completely the victim here because it DID bite someone. If it hadn't, then it's supposed status of being a wolf hybrid would not have mattered. If it really hurt someone in the future, then 100% dog or not, it may have been euthanized anyway.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:54 pm

I'm not saying that their intent was to get the dog killed. I'm just saying that I'm disgusted that their irresponsibility led to the dogs death,whether they realized it or not. As for the bite,what kind of bite are we talking about? A "I have to go to the hospital and get stitches bite" or just a " Kid does something that frigthens dog, hurts dog,or otherwise makes dog uncomfortable, and dog nips kid, not even breaking the skin or barely breaking the skin and kid comes crying scared because bit by dog and parents make a bigger deal out of it than it is", kind of bite?

the_unstable

Postby the_unstable » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:20 am

I know you're not saying that; I'm saying that.

I don't know what kind of bite it was. You read the same material on the subject that I did. A quick skim over the page seems to reveal that the seriousness of the bite was not mentioned. However, in order for rabies to be a risk, there had to be a way for saliva to enter the body. Even if the skin wasn't broken, they might have decided to say it was a rabies risk anyway, but that doesn't make much sense.

The article is about the dog rather than the kid anyway. I'm thinking that if it was a bad bite, they chose to leave it out to encourage the reader to have more sympathy for the dog rather than encourage the reader to think that killing the dog was justified.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:57 am

I'm thinking that if it was a bad bite, they chose to leave it out to encourage the reader to have more sympathy for the dog rather than encourage the reader to think that killing the dog was justified.

I guess that makes sense. If it were a small nip, I suppose they would've included that in there to further add sympathy for the dog. But if it was a serious bite, then I guess they would leave that part out like you said.

Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:39 pm

I am extremely against wolfdog misrepresentation. I think whatever the intent, it has to be stopped. There would be no confusion if so many people didn't try to scam others so much. It's such a huge problem, and wolfdogs are deemed the "9th" most dangerous dog breed. How many of the "wolfdogs" biting others were really just pure dog??
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage

Return to “Hybrids of Domestic/Exotic canines”