please read this regarding toxic dog foods: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14637

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

Belle, in loving memory.

Pet Loss, Sick Pets, Pet Memorial, Lost Pets,

Moderators: hecate, Ash, TamanduaGirl

Jen Jen

Belle, in loving memory.

Postby Jen Jen » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:13 pm

We put to sleep our nine year old retriever this evening. I was expecting it this weekend, but I guess Belle's health was weighing more on my mom's mind than I thought because she sprung it on me tonight. I went to the vet's thinking I'd be comforting my mom after she sat with Belle for the injection, but my mom wasn't going to go back with Belle;.she said she just couldn't. I did instead, which I in no way had prepared myself for.

The vet was very kind.

Belle was pressed against my legs as she was sedated, with her muzzle in my palm. The last thing she was awake for was me petting her. The 'put to sleep' part was very peaceful and fast.

We got Belle when she was seven weeks old, she was an amazing and wonderful animal, I am privileged to have had her in my life.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Belle, in loving memory.

Postby Ash » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:50 pm

I'm sorry. That is always very hard. I'm sure it was comforting for Belle to have someone she knew with her as she passed on. I'm sure that it was the right thing to do, and that she is now happy and in no pain. Rest in peace.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
Jen Jen

Re: Belle, in loving memory.

Postby Jen Jen » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:02 pm

Thank you for your kind words. Belle was on a fast decline, she was riddled with skin cancer and a little worse everyday. I was floored mom wasn't going to be there with Belle, and I'm angry about that. Mom was Belle's sun and moon and I'm heart broken for Belle that it.was me with her and not my mom.

Return to “Pet Loss/Pet Twilight”