PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Dallas

Pet Loss, Sick Pets, Pet Memorial, Lost Pets,

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

GitaBooks

Dallas

Postby GitaBooks » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:26 pm

Today we were coming home from an appointment. As is normal during autumn, there are animals every mile or so on the road, sometimes only a few hundred feet away from one another, anything from coons to opossums, skunks, ect. We thought we saw a fox on the road, but as we passed we realized it was a little red, black and white dog.
Dallas was not ours, we had never met him before, but you could almost see his personality, even though he had passed-away. We took one of our blankets and wrapped him in it, removing his collar so we could call the owners. He was still warm, so he had just been hit.
We followed the address on the collar to a house 8 or so minutes from where we found him. No one was home, so we tried the neighbors to the right. No one replied. We tried to the neighbors to the left and a kind lady came to the door. She explained that no dog lived next doors, but when we showed her the collar, she realized it belonged to the owners who had formerly lived at the house and had recently moved. She was willing to take the dog and gently break the news to the owners.
We will never know what happened, we don't know who hit the dog or why they continued on, we won't know much of anything, but all I know is, that poor doggy didn't deserve to be hit by a car. Miracle, our cat, was hit by a car and I really wish some one had been willing to stop and take her off the road. Cradle her like my mother did, gently lift her and show her respect even though she had passed. So often I think people don't show "roadkill" enough respect, but Dallas, our cats Millie and Miracle, they were beloved pets. I'm glad we could let the owners know that some one cared enough to return him.

I just thought I had to share this, thank you for listening.

Rest In Peace Dallas
Ana

Re: Dallas

Postby Ana » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:45 pm

Thank you so much for being there for him, and giving him compassion and dignity in death.
I'll think about him today, and wish him, and you, peace. *hugs*
GitaBooks

Postby GitaBooks » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:47 pm

Thank you. That means a lot.
DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:49 am

What a caring, kind and compassionate thing for you to do! Wishing there were more people out there like you. Bless you for the respect and dignity you offered Dallas and his family. It bothers me to no end to see animals of any sort lie along the road and rot away; even more so when it obviously was someone's pet and companion.
Dana

2 Dogs - a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, & an Australian Shepherd; 3 Cats; 2 horses, 1 mule; One very spoiled raccoon and the love of my life, Dewey James, and the recently added but much adored, Bobby Lee, brother raccoon to Dewey

Return to “Pet Loss/Pet Twilight”