PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

in memory of 4 of my pets I lost this year.

Pet Loss, Sick Pets, Pet Memorial, Lost Pets,

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

in memory of 4 of my pets I lost this year.

Postby pat » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:22 am

This year has been horrible for me. 4 of my babies died.

April 6, 2015: Brandy died She was not quite 8 years old blue tic coonhoud. One day she was running with no problem,
the next day, she couldn't walk, took her to the vet to find out she had stomach cancer. It was a shock to me.

October 7, 2015: Billy Bob my blonde raccoon had to be put down due to bone cancer at the age of 10.

October 16, 2015: Benny my male black bear died at the age of 13. Sadly, I don't know the cause. He had a tumor on his stomach, the vet aspirated it several weeks prior to his death, but, it was not cancerous. the vet gave him (I think) the wrong sedatives. it gave Benny the reverse affect. Thereafter, he went down hill very fast.

October 22, 2015: I had a 6 month old wonderful raccoon. He was such a good guy not a mean streak in him.
I took him to the vet to get neutered and when he started coming out of the anesthetic he died. it was such a shock to me.
I would like to suggest to stay with your pets when they are getting neutered. I didn't and now wish I did.

I miss my babies and they were all loved.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Whisper

Re: in memory of 4 of my pets I lost this year.

Postby Whisper » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:54 am

Oh, that's horrible): I know that you did every thing you possibly could though, and they were happy well they were alive. I do agree with you about fixing them though. I took my rabbit in, and he didn't die, but if weakened his immune system, and he was much more vulnerable to disease. He died of mange during October last year. Anyway, this isn't about me, and I'm really sorry about all of this.
Owner of a Red fox, magpie harlequin, and a Netherland dwarf
minervasden

Postby minervasden » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:37 pm

So sorry that you had such a short time with your young raccoon. icon-sad
I stay in the dark because too much light will blind you
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:55 am

Whisper wrote:Oh, that's horrible): I know that you did every thing you possibly could though, and they were happy well they were alive. I do agree with you about fixing them though. I took my rabbit in, and he didn't die, but if weakened his immune system, and he was much more vulnerable to disease. He died of mange during October last year. Anyway, this isn't about me, and I'm really sorry about all of this.

thank you. I think it is devastating when we lose our babies and not really sure what happened. especially at a young age.
we are suppose to trust our vets.

what type of treatment do you think could have caused your rabbit to weaken his immune system? I need to learn as much as I can about vet treatments.

pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:03 am

minervasden wrote:So sorry that you had such a short time with your young raccoon. icon-sad

thank you. honestly, I am having such a hard time dealing with losing larry. I was going to post before, but, have a hard time
talking about it without crying. thats all I did for weeks. still cry, but, getting a little better.
this should have never happened. I dont think he was monitored after his neuter. the vet told me, when he started coming out of the anesthetic , they put him in his carrier. then someone went to check on him, and he was dead.

Whisper

Postby Whisper » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:00 pm

I think the vet did I bad job on the surgery and the anesthesia. I picked out a place that had a rabbit vet, but they didn't use her, just some other guy. It was not how it was supposed to look. That's part of the reason I breed, so you don't have to fix them. I have heard so many stories of rabbits not making it out of anesthesia. Again, sorry about your pets ):
Owner of a Red fox, magpie harlequin, and a Netherland dwarf
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:39 pm

I am so sorry this has been such a bad year for you. Hopefully you've used up your bad luck for the next ten years or so. I didn't want to mention it so soon after Larry died, but, for your next pet. My vet gives coons he neuters a shot that puts them out and when the surgery is finished he gives another shot that counteracts the first, he makes sure they are awake and can stand up and then sends them home with the owner. They are still drowsy and sleep the rest of the day, I just put mine in bed with me & we sleep off the stress.
GitaBooks

Postby GitaBooks » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:02 pm

I am so sorry. I know how hard it can be to loose a pet, but to loose so many in one year... that is very sad.
You gave them such wonderful lives, don't forget that. They enjoyed every moment with you.

Return to “Pet Loss/Pet Twilight”