PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

In Memory of Delia & Pilot

Pet Loss, Sick Pets, Pet Memorial, Lost Pets,

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

DeweysMom

In Memory of Delia & Pilot

Postby DeweysMom » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:05 pm

We lost two beloved furkids this year - Delia, my 6 year old mare, and Pilot, our 2 year old Aussie.

Delia crossed over in the spring due to a misdiagnosed illness. Two vets misdiagnosed her sickness and by the time the 3rd vet found it, it was too late to save her. I'm so sorry for the week of hell, pain and suffering she endured. My hope is she is at peace and in pain no more. Trot gently into the night, dear girl.

We also lost our 2 year old Aussie due to epilepsy. He began seizing in April of this year, and got progressively worse. When our local vet could do no more, we brought him to Philadelphia's Penn Vet Ryan Hospital for an MRI and spinal tap to rule out fixable conditions. Unfortunately, there was nothing we could do for him but change his meds and add an additional one in the hopes he would improve. And he did - for a while - but then began having bad seizures once again. We lost him in late October. He had had a wonderful day, playing in the bright fall sunshine with his canine sister, his raccoon brother and playing frisbee most of the day. I'm so glad he had a wonderful happy day for his last moments on this earth. We miss you dearly, "Melon-Belly". Until we meet again, dear boy...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dana

2 Dogs - a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, & an Australian Shepherd; 3 Cats; 2 horses, 1 mule; One very spoiled raccoon and the love of my life, Dewey James, and the recently added but much adored, Bobby Lee, brother raccoon to Dewey
Whisper

Re: In Memory of Delia & Pilot

Postby Whisper » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:28 am

So sorry :cry:. I'm sure You did everything you could for them, but I know that doesn't make it much better. It's so hard to lose multiple in one year, and it seems like it's happening more now, or is it just me? Again, really sorry :icon-frown:
Owner of a Red fox, magpie harlequin, and a Netherland dwarf
DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:11 pm

Thank you, Whisper. Yes, it does seem like it's been a bad year for many of us. Here's hoping 2016 to be better for all of us fur-parents and our little lovelies.
Dana

2 Dogs - a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, & an Australian Shepherd; 3 Cats; 2 horses, 1 mule; One very spoiled raccoon and the love of my life, Dewey James, and the recently added but much adored, Bobby Lee, brother raccoon to Dewey
Ana

Postby Ana » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:31 pm

And both so young, how terrible. I am so sorry for your loss.

Give Dewey an extra hug from me.
DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:53 pm

Thank you, Ana. I will not only give the Dew-man a hug, but also a nose kiss from his Auntie Ana. :icon-wink: Dewey misses the play time with Pilot. Pilot was a great friend to him. Sadly, Xoey rarely will have anything to do with Dewey. Hopefully will be getting a Aussie pup the end of February, so Dewey will once again have a playmate.
Dana

Return to “Pet Loss/Pet Twilight”