PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Hyenas as pets?!?! Pick included.

Bears, Hyena, Sloths, Binturongs, Red Panda, Fossa, Seals etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Acolouthic

Re: Hyenas as pets?!?! Pick included.

Postby Acolouthic » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:34 pm

Oh wow; that's a lot of species. c:

Are they a broker for other sources, then? [If you know, by chance. I was having difficulties navigating the site. ^^;]
owned by a Siamese cat, two rats, and a ball python.
Kibalover667

Postby Kibalover667 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:58 am

Woah!!! Is that a Dhole on their list!?!? I would like to help with the conservation of Dholes in the future!!! That's amazing!!
Proud owner of a Cat named Oscar, a Kitten named Kleo, a dog named Hershey, and an arctic fox named Kovu.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:05 pm

I love dholes, but they're CITES I. icon_confused.gif I too would love to be able to work with some of the endangered canids. But still, it's nice to know that at least one place out there actually sells them!
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
Lasergrl

Postby Lasergrl » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:30 pm

Some of that websites pictures are stolen. The caracal is a Julies jungle pic, the corsac looks familiar too.
Some sure how credable that broker is. They have cheetahs on that list too.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:21 am

Rumor has it they will have hyenas at Lolli's Auction.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:23 pm

Ooh... Really? That's exciting. I wish I could go. I'll have to double-check just to make sure I can/can't. I'd love to go to one of these auctions. And hyenas are just an added plus.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
the_unstable

Postby the_unstable » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:34 pm

It's more than rumor, though, isn't it? Consigning animals is a commitment to sell, right? They look cute in the pictures. I don't know if I will go to this one or not. Probably not but I would sure like to see some of the species that will be there...especially the Tayras!
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:21 pm

I haven't seen the consignment list yet, are they on it? I just know a certain friend said they heard there would be two for sale there, so for me it's rumor. If they are officially on the consignment list then more than rumor but not 100% guarantee just like Mt Hope they can choose to no sale or back out. Consignment deals can usually be terminated at any time. But it's almost a guarantee if they are on the list they they will at least be put up for bidding.

They had a mom and baby tamandua on consignment once. I felt the baby was too young to sell unless with mom, they were going up separate. I didn't tell them that because I didn't know them but they changed their mind and they didn't go up for sale. Other times tamanduas have no-saled because people wanted more, even though the bidding went high guess they didn't know their value.
the_unstable

Postby the_unstable » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:05 pm

Yep, two Hyenas are on the consignment list among some other things. Tayras (which I really want to see), Marmosets, Cavy, Four Eyed opossum, bottle fed Serval and various birds.

I didn't know that people could back out of auction sales. I guess the auction people couldn't very well force someone to sell the animal so it makes sense. If Arctic foxes get consigned, I may have to end up going just to see some. How close can you get to the animals? I met one woman who went there in years past and made it sound like you could get right next to the cages and pet them and stuff.
Elina

Postby Elina » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:05 pm

Lasergrl wrote:Some of that websites pictures are stolen. The caracal is a Julies jungle pic, the corsac looks familiar too.

That's because it's one of Valla's baby photos! "monkshock:
How dare they!

I am getting so fed up with people using photos of my animals to sell theirs if theirs even exist! :wall:
http://theflashmans.blogspot.com/ - Online home of Elspeth and Harry Flashman the Corsac foxes.
http://flashmanfoxes.webs.com - Photos and videos of my foxlings!
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:13 pm

Elina wrote:
Lasergrl wrote:Some of that websites pictures are stolen. The caracal is a Julies jungle pic, the corsac looks familiar too.

That's because it's one of Valla's baby photos! "monkshock:
How dare they!

I am getting so fed up with people using photos of my animals to sell theirs if theirs even exist! :wall:

I didn't notice that but it was obvious a lot, maybe most of the photos were off the web.

I'm lucky I've not come across people trying to scam people with my tamandua photos maybe they know she's too high profile to get away with it. They use her photos but for fun things like this
Elina

Postby Elina » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:24 pm

I am CONSTANTLY getting e-mails from people saying that people are scamming people with my photos as well as my videos (the videos are mostly my dormice). It just drives me nuts as when I report them very often the site does nothing and then I get more and more mails.

I would stop putting up the photos of my guys but I think it would be unfair to the people who enjoy them and I am not going to let the few ruin it for the many. I have cut back on posting photos of Harry and Els as it seems they look so good it was too hard for scammers to resist. On one website they and Mandy's swifts were being sold together by someone in London :roll: .

I like it when people use my images for art and such, I mean people have even taken to using photos of me for that:
http://theflashmans.blogspot.com/ - Online home of Elspeth and Harry Flashman the Corsac foxes.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:15 pm

Elina, you make one gorgeous vampiress! :icon-wink:
the_unstable

Postby the_unstable » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:08 pm

Agreeing with Ash.
Elina

Postby Elina » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:24 pm

Ash wrote:Elina, you make one gorgeous vampiress! :icon-wink:

the_unstable wrote:Agreeing with Ash.

Thanks guys :icon-wink: .

Sadly the woman who manipulated the photo died this week :icon-frown: , she was only 25 (same age as me).

Return to “Large Critters”