PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Binturong, Aardwolf

Bears, Hyena, Sloths, Binturongs, Red Panda, Fossa, Seals etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Kastrophee

Postby Kastrophee » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:59 pm

Oh, heh, I thought you said you did, well either way. The laws make it look like eugene doesn't have any exotic laws at all, so they should be legal...
sueBear

Postby sueBear » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:02 pm

Alot of places are tricky like that. They make it look like you can own them, but you cant. Also a lot of places are writing open ended laws, so later on they can add most strict regulation and bannings. I would positivly make sure you can own them.
Kastrophee

Postby Kastrophee » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:26 pm

Why are you so skeptical? If there are laws against exotics then they forgot to write them down...
sueBear

Postby sueBear » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:34 pm

Oh believe me, all exotic laws are on the books, they may not be online for public viewing, but they are there. I am not skeptical, I am just worried for anyone that they believe an animal is legal because of outside/second hand information, and they arent legal. You have to be very particular with who you speak to in the different organizations, USDA, APHIS, USFWS, ect... Some are not very knowledgeable, and some are misleading.
sueBear

Postby sueBear » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:42 pm

http://www.exoticcatz.com/dontbanoregondetailed.html

Again I wouldnt trust the internet completely, but I would trust this source more than others and as much as the oregon legislation site. This is info regarding bears, cats, exotic canines...
sueBear

Postby sueBear » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:00 pm

They make nor mention of insectivores or any of the smaller carnivors. It seems like the regulate the large carnivores mostly.

http://monkeymaddness.com/laws/or.html
sueBear

Postby sueBear » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:03 pm

http://www.oregon.gov/ODA/AHID/animal_h ... wner.shtml

Aardvarks and antelopes, cobras and capybaras, kinkajous and kangaroos, and penguins and pheasants.

These and other animals we´re not accustomed to seeing every day are not covered by ODA´s Exotic Animal Law, but may fall under Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife rules. Call ODFW at 503-947-6300 to find out if there are special requirements for holding a particular wildlife species (native or non-native; mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, or fish).

For import requirements for wildlife species, call 503-986-4680. Please have scientific name of animal and name, address, and USDA license number of seller when you call. Wild captured mammals may not be imported.
Kastrophee

Postby Kastrophee » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:29 pm

I am already positive that Oregon law allows a lot of the Animals I want and I looked myself and spoke to both Fish and wildlife, animal health and both lane county and city of eugene, they either did not know and directed me to someone that would and I left a message so I will be waiting for them to call back they told me that both lane county and city of eugene don't prohibit any exotic animals and one guy at fish and wildlife which he seemed very knowledgeable said that he believes the only place in Oregon that does prohibit animals that Oregon iself allows is a county up by Portland...Anyways if lane county or eugene do outlaw these animals which is very unlikely Salem does not and I can change my plans to move there, but again I don't think it will come to that...

Thanks though...
Kastrophee

Postby Kastrophee » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:31 pm

sueBear wrote:http://www.oregon.gov/ODA/AHID/animal_health/exotic_owner.shtml

Aardvarks and antelopes, cobras and capybaras, kinkajous and kangaroos, and penguins and pheasants.

These and other animals we´re not accustomed to seeing every day are not covered by ODA´s Exotic Animal Law, but may fall under Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife rules. Call ODFW at 503-947-6300 to find out if there are special requirements for holding a particular wildlife species (native or non-native; mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, or fish).

For import requirements for wildlife species, call 503-986-4680. Please have scientific name of animal and name, address, and USDA license number of seller when you call. Wild captured mammals may not be imported.

Fish and wildlife mostly only covers native species and anyways I know they don't outlaw most of the animals I am interested in...

Infact the only animals that I want that are outlawed excluding the ones I don't know yet are the red and grey fox and black bear....
sueBear

Postby sueBear » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:34 pm

Thats great, you just have to wary of the county/city laws then
Kastrophee

Postby Kastrophee » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:37 pm

Yes, I do, but I wil cross my fingers and hope...
sueBear

Postby sueBear » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:43 pm

Im lucky... I live on an "island" of exotic animal law, every county around here has banned primates exept here. You might just luck out.
Kastrophee

Postby Kastrophee » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:49 pm

Heh, I was under the impression Washington was almost as bad as CA...
sueBear

Postby sueBear » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:58 pm

There is NO state wide regulation. It is the individual counties and cities that get you. If you live on the east side of the state, or in a rural area, you are usualy good. But anywhere in or near big cities they are banned.
Lasergrl

Postby Lasergrl » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:11 pm

This is being signed by the washington governer now:

http://www.api4animals.org/actionalerts?p=1081&more=1

Return to “Large Critters”