PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Red Pandas?

Bears, Hyena, Sloths, Binturongs, Red Panda, Fossa, Seals etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

FrothingMagpies

Re: Red Pandas?

Postby FrothingMagpies » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:11 pm

I can't say if this is a scam or not, but it's worth investigating I think? http://zoo-ekzo.ru/node/1415
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:41 pm

Even if real the problem would be that you can't import it.
FrothingMagpies

Postby FrothingMagpies » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:54 pm

That's true, I'm mainly curious about the whole site to be honest, they have a lot of animals I'm interested in (mainly mustelids & yes, red pandas too) & for me, importing from Russia would probably be cheaper than the USA. It's such a shame the pandas can't be imported even if they're beyond anyone's budget in any case!
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:34 pm

Would be nice if they are legit but I have no idea. Their prices on mongooses are reasonable and I'd love some slender mongoose someday. Wont be any time soon but I'd really like to get some breeding pairs.
prk22

Postby prk22 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:33 am

FrothingMagpies- Can you keep us posted about how legit this company is? I just emailed them...but they have a bird I have been in search of for a while now. The price is more than reasonable too.

Thanks!
~Pätrick
Alynn

Postby Alynn » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:10 pm

Do you have to have USDI or AZA license to be able to import them? Or can no one import them? And if you did manage to do so, isn't it true that they are actually legal to own and cross state lines, so you'd be able to sell to the general public?

I'd be careful though. If you look at their canine pages, they literally used the first picture on google images when you search 'red fox'. They also stole Elina's picture of Valla when she was just a little kit.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:30 pm

Yeah they are not on the US endangered species list so can be sold across state lines. The import issue is CITES but having USDI or AZA would help make the import legal.

Appendix-I specimens

An import permit issued by the Management Authority of the State of import is required. This may be issued only if the specimen is not to be used for primarily commercial purposes and if the import will be for purposes that are not detrimental to the survival of the species. In the case of a live animal or plant, the Scientific Authority must be satisfied that the proposed recipient is suitably equipped to house and care for it.

An export permit or re-export certificate issued by the Management Authority of the State of export or re-export is also required.

An export permit may be issued only if the specimen was legally obtained; the trade will not be detrimental to the survival of the species; and an import permit has already been issued.

A re-export certificate may be issued only if the specimen was imported in accordance with the provisions of the Convention and, in the case of a live animal or plant, if an import permit has been issued.

In the case of a live animal or plant, it must be prepared and shipped to minimize any risk of injury, damage to health or cruel treatment.

When they say state they mean country. Basically they will want to see you are trying to breed them for conservation purposes and they wont take anyone seriously(normally) who isn't AZA.
FrothingMagpies

Postby FrothingMagpies » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:05 am

FrothingMagpies- Can you keep us posted about how legit this company is? I just emailed them...but they have a bird I have been in search of for a while now. The price is more than reasonable too.

Thanks!

To be honest I have no idea of how to find out if they are for real or not. I contacted http://foxsvir.deviantart.com/ about it seeing as he is a Russian exotics animal collector but I don't think he knows much English, because I asked if they were a a scam or not & what he knew about them & he just said "they ask for a lot of money and sell animals in Russia" which is about all I know too :lol:

Did the email you back?

I'd be careful though. If you look at their canine pages, they literally used the first picture on google images when you search 'red fox'. They also stole Elina's picture of Valla when she was just a little kit.

Thats whats worrying me. While that's usually a good sign of a scammer I was thinking & maybe they just don't actually own any of these animals to photograph yet, they order them in for you instead? While thats highly unprofessional of them to do it is a possibility. Or maybe I'm just that desperate to buy a marten so I'll believe anything :roll:
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:49 pm

If someone bought one of the super cheap mammals and it was a scam, then you wouldn't be out much money. But if you got the animal, chances are better that they actually have the others.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
FrothingMagpies

Postby FrothingMagpies » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:52 pm

Thats a good idea! It's a pity that importation costs will probably be pretty steep. It's worth considering though.
prk22

Postby prk22 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:35 am

I got a reply back. I am not sure if this was talked about already...however, they offer pick up- though you would need your EU paperwork if you were flying our of anywhere but western Russia. Other than that- the would have to be imported, but they send an animal care taker with the animal(s), of which you would assume the costs on top of the importation, quarantine, and paperwork here.
~Pätrick
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:29 am

Hmmm... that sounds very promising if they let you come pick it up. So do you think you'll buy the bird? What kind of bird are you looking at?
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:27 pm

Does that mean you could wait to pay till you are there in person ready to pick up? If so that might be worth trying.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:40 pm

It sounds like the guy is a broker since he says that he gets all of his animals from zoos, circuses, breeders, and from the wild--makes it seem a bit more promising. And he does have a nice website and reasonable prices. Obviously that doesn't necessarily mean anything, so exercise caution.

I tried to find reviews on him, but I couldn't find anything except a Russian forum having the exact same discussion we're having.
FrothingMagpies

Postby FrothingMagpies » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:14 pm

Any more news or information on this? I'd really love to give either weasels or stoats a go, especially if the mink doesn't work out. I was always planning on keeping them someday anyway.
I'm happy to save up for a breeding pair, the individual animals are fairly priced, but it's the importation costs that I don't think I'll be able to cover :/ Anyone have any experience with importing animals from Russia? I know that Mitch who imported zebrafox/Kay's Anya does import exotics but he makes his living from it so I think he would still be a pricey option. I'm not very knowledgeable on importing animals, if this is veering off topic & should be in another section of the board please let me know ^^''

Return to “Large Critters”