Both messages are from me, I just thought I would share the ebates with everyone. been wanting to that awhile ago, but, just never got to it.
If you look at the link, you will see sybil's name on it.
Even though I might not post as much as I would like to, but, I do check this board a couple or more times a day.
The ebates is FREE, no money out of your pocket, only in your pocket. I have been using ebates for a long time, it is easy to use once you register. in fact, anytime you shop online, you will get a drop down message from ebates.
Trust me, it is NOT any type of scam.

Get money back when shopping online and at many stores from Ebates.............. most stores have different percentage rates back. (they usually deposit it in Paypal account.
if you did not sign up yet, please use the link below: (you will get an instant 10.00 for signing up. but, please use the link belowe.

https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

===================================================================================================
NOTICE THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT. I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

Honey Badgers?

ferrets, badgers, otters, weasels, martens, wolverines etc

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Arctic Fox Lover

Honey Badgers?

Postby Arctic Fox Lover » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:07 pm

I was just wondering if they would make good pets. Or, even a wolverine. Care info on both would be great.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Honey Badgers?

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:12 pm

Honey badgers can be bought some times but are rare and hard to find since they don't breed well. Wolverines can't since native, endangered in some states and they just do not breed well at all in human care, like just shy of impossible, been done but is really super hard.

Aside from domestic ferrets mustelidae don't breed well in human care which is why you don't see them.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:37 pm

From what I've seen of videos with captive wolverines and what I've seen with badger owners is that the animals are affectionate, but just toward them. The badger I "knew" was loving with their caretaker and family but was vicious towards other people. I don't know if that's true for all of them, and maybe more socialization would have helped, but that was my experience with the one.

Wolverines are pretty cool.
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
Peacefulward

Postby Peacefulward » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:18 pm

I only know of one breeder in the US who breeds badgers, and they’re American badgers not honey badgers (they look similar though!)

Little info exists on their care as pets online, but I’d assume they’re destructive (like to dig) and nippy. I’ve heard really good things about them though from owners. You’ll have to talk tot the breeder, Spectrum Ranch, about it.
5 Dogs, 2 cats, 2 leopard geckos, 1 guinea pig, 1 axolotl, and a coatimundi currently in my family. :)

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, arctic fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, fennec fox, mink, muntjac deer, owl (any species).

Return to “Mustelidae - Ferrets & family”