ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

Another mink visit

ferrets, badgers, otters, weasels, martens, wolverines etc

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

FrothingMagpies

Another mink visit

Postby FrothingMagpies » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:54 am

I was passing through Paris again & organised a little visit ^.^
Sadly, since I had visited last year, there have been a few changes. For one, Kobalann the albino female has died, & now my friend has a new black female baby mink, Yuno. Also Mineko, the stone/beech marten has been rehomed as martens are a lot more demanding than mink & his owner thought he would be happier in a home where he was the only pet & would have sole attention.
She was also minding two mink while I was their for their owner who was on holiday, & they just happened to be two of my favourite colourations! Anshou, the sapphire cross, & a silver name who's name I can't remember ^^''
Also! I got my first mink bite... Wow. Anshou was being kind of nervy & bit my pinky on my left hand & it was pumping blood immediately & went completely numb & stiff. By the timeI got back to the hotel there was a ring of white skin around it & the rest was bruised. Definitely nothing like a ferret bite!! I feel like I've been initiated into mink keeping now xD

Suigetsu, tired & panting after a walk

The silver, playing in his blanket

Yuna, drying herself off after a bath on her owner's arms

Anshou, bathing after a walk to cool himself down

& I know they're not mink, but I really like their dogs too so I'll just leave these here..
Kishin, the Saarloos wolfhound
Image (& Kotetsu the Akita too)

& Fidji the teddy Akita!
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Another mink visit

Postby Ash » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:32 pm

You've been initiated for sure now. ;) Sounds like that bite really hurt though!

What beautiful mink! Sad that the one died, but it's cool that you go to see quite a few others this time. What's your favorite color of mink?
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
FrothingMagpies

Postby FrothingMagpies » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:31 pm

Thats the wierd thing, it was really powerful, but it went numb immediately so it didn't actually hurt. Whats amazing to me is he wasn't even really trying to damage me, just warning me off, I think. They must be terrifying if they actually want to do some real damage. The girls advice is once a mink bites you, just let it go because if it feels trapped it will just keep biting worse & worse until you do.

Hmm, my favourite might have been sapphires, except they're very prone to sickness, Aleutian disease especially I think. So I probably wouldn't chose one, I don't personally agree with intentionally breeding unhealthy or weak animals for looks. But they're my eye candy, lol... I also love violets, cross mink like Anshou above, blue iris, wild glow/aka red glow, silverblue & black crystal/aka stardust. Most of that list are variations of sapphires but I think they're healthier. Not sure though, theres very little information on the long term health effects of certain strains when they're usually killed so young for their pelts & none of those are really among the more common types being kept as pets.
While this violet cross is really obese & has a oddly flat looking face, his colours are so pretty & delicate!
Hikari

Postby Hikari » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:37 am

The silver mink is Lotus and the black female mink is O-Yura :)
FrothingMagpies

Postby FrothingMagpies » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:09 am

Thank you for helping identify them ^.^ I wasn't sure if I was right with the black's name. Hikari seems familiar, I think I'm friends with you/her on Facebook?
Hikari

Postby Hikari » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:27 am

I don't know for facebook. Here's my profile : https://www.facebook.com/Hikari.SheNight
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:56 am

Love the minks. They look really funny and cute with the wet fur especially. Lol. XD

Also, really love that Saarloos Wolfhond.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule

Return to “Mustelidae - Ferrets & family”