PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Do domestic ferrets come in these colors?

ferrets, badgers, otters, weasels, martens, wolverines etc

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

caninesrock

Do domestic ferrets come in these colors?

Postby caninesrock » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:09 pm

So, while looking at the polecat article on wikipedia, I noticed these absolutely gorgeous colors. Both are of the Welsh polecat subspecies, however, while the ferret, if I'm not mistaken, was domesticated from the common polecat subspecies.

Most of the ferrets I've seen are either albino or look like this:

Albino and "common color" ferrets are alright looking, but I think it would be amazing if ferrets came in the two colors I showed above.
I recently got a ferret care book and discovered that ferrets do indeed come in colors other than albino and "common" (not sure the proper name for it) as before, I thought those were the only two colors, since all the ferrets I've seen in pet shops are one of those two colors.
However, I still don't know if ferrets come in the specific colors shown above, if they do, where to find them, and what the colors would be called.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
Juska

Re: Do domestic ferrets come in these colors?

Postby Juska » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:29 pm

Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:51 pm

Thanks, Juska. The black sable and the solid pattern looks exactly the first polecat pictured. I think I want a solid black sable if I get a ferret. ^^ I still wish they had that more orangish brown color too though. It's ashame that ferrets don't come in that color. :/
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
Juska

Postby Juska » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:20 am

Black sable is my favorite color that ferrets come in :)
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!

Return to “Mustelidae - Ferrets & family”