PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Mink!

ferrets, badgers, otters, weasels, martens, wolverines etc

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Dylan and cassi

Mink!

Postby Dylan and cassi » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:28 am

I'm not trying to take anything away from these forums, but there are some good Facebook pages on mink. Mink University is a group and Minkenry is a page about a man named Joseph Carter who hunts with his mink. Also he has many uploads on YouTube of how to train mink and other off and ends. Search Joseph Carter on YouTube to find his videos. I suggest to watch all his videos. Oldest to newest!
Juska

Re: Mink!

Postby Juska » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:50 pm

Joseph is on here as Minkenry.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
Slinky

Postby Slinky » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:26 am

Yep! But I don't think he is still active.
Slinky

Postby Slinky » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:39 pm

Does anyone know if albino mink have the genetic sickness like other unnatural mink. I wouldn't think they would because albinism happens in nature
FrothingMagpies

Postby FrothingMagpies » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:16 am

Albinism shouldn't effect mink, except obviously they will be a lot more sensitive to sunlight than other mink, & may have poorer vision in general, but they don't rely on sight as much as smell anyway. Tbh none of them live very long - they're bred so poorly on farms you'd be lucky to get them to live to be six. Even Joseph doesn't seem to have the same mink for more than 2 - 3 years, I almost never hear of one die of old age & most of the keepers I know would be big advocates of raw whole prey diets & plenty of exercise, so I wouldn't say their care is to blame. Domestic mink are just a a genetic mess :(
Slinky

Postby Slinky » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:37 pm

Thanks for the info
How is Kuji doing? I love the silverblue cross markings on mink
Dylan and cassi

Postby Dylan and cassi » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:25 am

I agree. Mink are cross bred a lot to get the best quality fur. I have no proof but I know how bad they are.
Slinky

Postby Slinky » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:09 pm

Also will albino mink have a better temperment because they are lighter in color or will they not because they just have lost pigment. Sorry about so many albino mink questions just love their color.
FrothingMagpies

Postby FrothingMagpies » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:55 pm

@ Slinky he died in November, in his sleep. I would guess it was something internal, some kind of organ failure perhaps, he wasn't showing any signs of illness or stress beforehand. Silver blues are my favourites, but I think my next mink will be a black cross. Fingers crossed they turn out to be more sturdy :(
Albinos usually aren't one of the more placid colours, as I think technically most are descended from black & mahogany mink, but I know the farm my mink came from in Denmark were apparently working on a more domestic line of albinos, from what I've seen they really do seem like incredibly chill mink!
Slinky

Postby Slinky » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:39 pm

Sorry to hear that. Yea that was probably some type of internal problem

Return to “Mustelidae - Ferrets & family”