PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

WHAT!I CAN'T BELIVE THIS! Someone please tell me I am wrong

ferrets, badgers, otters, weasels, martens, wolverines etc

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

the_unstable

Re: WHAT!I CAN'T BELIVE THIS! Someone please tell me I am wr

Postby the_unstable » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:24 pm

It was killed during the attack but it mentions that they weren't even home when it happened and several fingers had already been chewed off? "Based on cellphone records, investigators believe the parents might have left the kids home alone while the attack occurred."

Here it mentions that they had been pooped out: http://all-about-ferrets.net/ferret-eats-babys-fingers
Another article had a commentor mention that they'd read that as well so there may be other articles that mention it. A quick search found that one and comments on others. I know the link is only of someone's blog, but I swore I'd read it somewhere else and others have mentioned it also...

Considering the size of the ferret, I would think that a whole finger (should it be able to even chew it off perfectly at the base to swallow it hole) would choke it, and should it not choke, I would think it would cause an obstruction, and if it should not cause an obstruction, I would think it would be very difficult for a finger to be, er...ejected from such a small anus without a great deal of straining and pain.
Lasergrl

Postby Lasergrl » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:02 pm

Its possible. I've seen them poop out ear plugs, pacifier pieces, whole almonds, just off the top of my head. Not saying this story is true, but that part is feasable. My kids fingers are smaller then those objects. I wonder if the family maybe has a dog they are protecting though? I don't see a kid allowing this to happen, especially with older siblings that could have helped put the ferret away.
the_unstable

Postby the_unstable » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:06 pm

Huh, well that is remarkable. Way back when I found those articles originally, I think I saw a commentor mention that the family had issues with taking care of their dogs in the past. I believe it said they had Rottweilers.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:49 pm

Well if it's true that the parents weren't home, then I could see the incident happening. I don't know if it did or not, but I say the parents are more to blame. You don't leave a toddler at home. :roll:
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
Foxyjadda

Postby Foxyjadda » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:03 am

This letter regards ferret ban in New York City. - - 12

‘Ferrets are known for their unpredictable behavior, and they are prone to vicious, unprovoked attacks on humans. Ferret attacks reported nationwide over time have become notorious for their severity and capriciousness, causing serious injuries to some infants and young children in particular’-From part of the ban

Ferret are not only know for ‘unpredictable behavior’ (which is rare), But they are also know as a loving companion. They are also not ‘prone to vicious, unprovoked attacks on humans’ but to bite if startle or excited to the point they forget and accidentally bite.

‘Causing serious injuries to some infants and young children in particular’ unfortunately, there have been reported incidents of injury to infants and children (although difficult to confirm). Such incidents are extremely rare; however, especially compared to the estimated millions of dog bites every year in the U.S. It seems apparent that the risk of ferret bites is very small.

‘In New York City's multiple dwelling residences, which are not natural habitats of ferrets, a ferret could crawl through holes in walls or travel along risers or ducts to other apartments, with potentially tragic consequences for the neighbor of a ferret owner.’-Part from the ban

‘Which are not natural habitats of ferrets,’ There are plenty of place that is not a natural habitats for animals such; having a desert snake in your living room.

‘a ferret could crawl through holes in walls or travel along risers or ducts to other apartments,’ Ferret are slightly big animals therefore needing bigger holes than… a hamster or mouse, And even if a ferret get into walls ferrets are not the best climber so the would have to stay in one area in the wall until the owner can find them, If The ferret get the opportunity to move freely in the wall some would not be able to reproduce because 1) Scared of there surroundings 2)Most Ferrets are Fixed(Spayed, neutered)Before being sold 3)Have a hard time finding a mate (Hamster could breed very fast so can mice if they meet up with a species of the same they can reproduce hundred of babies within weeks)
Also since ferrets are carnivores If they do get trapped in walls They will be able to kill wild mice and other rodents along the way.

Ferret are not very fast animals so if the owner hears them in the wall the owner would be able to have the ferret within the next day (Depends on how fast the owner moves)

Some information from: http://exoticpets.about.com/cs/ferrets/ ... banNYC.htm
Sincerely-Tajadda **** (From **** memorial high school, Grade8 )

How does it look I been working on it for a while.
My pets
4 Turtles- Toyota, Root Beer, Calester and Hummer (they are all red eared sliders)
1 Cat- Egypt (some mixed breed)
1 Dog- Precious (Pekingese/Tibetan spaniel mix)
2 Mice-Brazil and California (Fancy mouse)
More to come hopefully!

Return to “Mustelidae - Ferrets & family”