NOTICE:

THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT.
I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

IT COULD TAKE ANYWHERE FROM AN HOUR OR MORE TO A DAY. LOTS OF WORK INVOLVED IN IT.
I MIGHT CHANGE THE THEME TOO. SO IF YOU COME ON WITH A DIFFERENT LOOK, YOU ARE AT THE RIGHT PLACE....LOL

Found Serval - PA

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Found Serval - PA

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:39 pm

http://www.readingeagle.com/news/articl ... ind-of-cat

Not legal there without a permit so is going to a sanctuary, at least they are not killing it, they usually do there.
---
Mary

http://www.livingwithanteaters.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Juska

Re: Found Serval - PA

Postby Juska » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:05 pm

"Friday night, animal control officers were called by city police after dispatchers received a report of a cheetah running loose in the city, said Tom Hubric, ARL interim executive director. The ARL is the city's animal control agency.

ARL personnel took her in and confirmed the 1- to 2-year-old feline was indeed an exotic animal: an African serval."
:wall:

"This animal's probably worth $20,000 to $30,000 on the black market,"
:wall: :wall:

"If you take a female serval, which is what she is, and you mate her with a domestic cat, that is then called a Savannah cat," he explained. "A Savannah cat is a legal cat you can own. You don't need a license. And those kittens are worth 10 grand a pop."
:wall: :wall: :wall:

Talking about this animal like it's a haul of confiscated drugs. As if the only place they're sold is on "the black market". And if you just happened to "mate her" with any random domestic cat, and the cat even had kittens, a litter of F1 kittens from a shady breeder with no health certifications or lineage would sell for "10 grand a pop"? Really?
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
Peacefulward

Re: Found Serval - PA

Postby Peacefulward » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:44 pm

This entire interview just..... :chair:
5 Dogs, 2 cats, 2 leopard geckos, 1 guinea pig, 1 axolotl, and a coatimundi currently in my family. :)

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, arctic fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, fennec fox, mink, muntjac deer, owl (any species).

Return to “LOST AND FOUND PETS”