https://www.facebook.com/shelby.dance?fref=nf

Edit: Was found after three days but escaped again
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Missing white fox in Georgia

Postby Ash » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:23 pm

:( So sad...
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
Vata Raven

Postby Vata Raven » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:53 am

Is that a pure white red-type? The closest to a white red-type I've seen are the are the white-marbles offered by Tiny Tracks, but those still have the hint of marbling on their ears. This one seems to be void of those marble features. Wonder where this owner got the fox from.

Also, am I missing something? Every time I click on these FaceBook links, I never see the posting of the missing animals. It will go to a profile page (which is fine), so I scroll through, but I don't see any post about the missing animal, nor do I see a pictures of the animal that's gone missing.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:04 am

Facebook is weird like that. The posts are bumped down so fast by other posts. Links to facebook unless super specific take us to the owner's profile OR the group the post was posted in. Unless you can isolate the post itself it won't take you straight to it. That's one of the biggest downsides of facebook groups--those posts "go away."

It is a homozygous marble. Sometimes they are pure white. It's not too common to get a pure white one (because usually like you said the marbling doesn't cover their whole body), but it happens for sure. I've known of a few foxes produced by Dave to have been pure white like this one. In theory, a homozygous one SHOULD be pure white, even though it doesn't always happen.
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
Peacefulward

Postby Peacefulward » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:49 pm

So many missing and escaped foxes this year....
5 Dogs, 2 cats, 2 leopard geckos, 1 guinea pig, 1 axolotl, and a coatimundi currently in my family. :)

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, arctic fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, fennec fox, mink, muntjac deer, owl (any species).
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:36 pm

Some I had linked to the actual posts but mostly I am linking to the poster because the post may not always be visible to everyone for various reasons.

Fb also likes to break links after awhile. I made the mistake of embedding FB images on some of my older blog posts because it was quicker and now they're all broken and I'll have to go back someday and fix them.

One link I'm sure wont break is the profile link.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:46 pm

Peacefulward wrote:So many missing and escaped foxes this year....

And I've only been posting them here since mid Nov. It's been awful the number of escapes all year.

Return to “LOST AND FOUND PETS”