PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET.. https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041 FREE TO USE .. YOU WILL GET $25.00 TO START)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
please check for dog food and treat recalls: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14662

Wolfdogs indoor or outdoor

Enclosure, cage, nest box, building and enrichment ideas for any species.

Moderators: Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

Majchco

Wolfdogs indoor or outdoor

Postby Majchco » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:25 pm

Should I let my wolfdog sleep indoors or out doors? I’ve heard of people letting them sleep in there house and others leave them outside does it matter? Or is there a preferred choice?
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Wolfdogs indoor or outdoor

Postby Ash » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:01 pm

I'd say it depends on the wolfdog's content. If it's a low or a mid, sure I think it could sleep inside. But if it's a higher mid to high content, it's closest to a wolf and would likely prefer to be in its own enclosure. I'm sure you can bring them indoors on occasion, just not a good idea to let them free-roam without supervision.
I'm Fable and Ifrit's mommy. Also mommy to Carousel, Breeze, and a bunch of snakes, lizards, and spiders. Oh, and one amphibian!
SneakyT

Postby SneakyT » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:17 am

It would be safer for you to leave her outdoor. Those creatures cannot control themselves sometimes, doesn't matter how much they love you.
Juska

Postby Juska » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:52 am

Either way, they should have a dedicated outdoor pen and lots of outdoor time. When it is young, it will probably prefer being inside with you, but depending on content, it may be better to keep it outdoors at night when you cannot supervise it.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the American shorthair

Return to “Housing & Enrichment”