PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Fun With Common Things: Embroidery Hoops

Enclosure, cage, nest box, building and enrichment ideas for any species.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

minervasden

Fun With Common Things: Embroidery Hoops

Postby minervasden » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:56 pm

***I haven't been able to get pictures but I will try and add a few soon for those who need a visual***

Embroidery Hoops come in a variety of materials ( wood, metal, plastic) and many, many sizes. If you do not already have the hoops in your home they are commonly and inexpensively found at secondhand store and yard sales. New ones are also usually reasonably priced.

Some hoops will have hardware and others will not. Choose an appropriate style for the animal and presentation.

Frame a pillowcase opening add a small cushion and you have a cozy sleep sack.
Add an open tunnel of fabric and you have a nice soft collapsed tunnel for sleeping or playing.
You can use several hoops as support ribs to create a more structured tunnel.

Attach clothes pins or shower curtain rings and hang ‘chandelier’ style. Hang and attach food/treats. Or attach toys and hang so the animal needs to jump to bat at the toys.

Use as a base to make wind chimes, windsocks, etc. to hang outside a window or enclosure for novel visual and auditory enrichment.

Use as you would any other type of wreath form

Use as a jump in a agility type obstacle course. Or just plain old jump through the hoop.

For some animals free play with a plain hoop may be appropriate.

Possibly make swings/perches. I haven’t actually done this yet although I have a few plans.
I stay in the dark because too much light will blind you
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fun With Common Things: Embroidery Hoops

Postby Ash » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:45 pm

Ooh, that's a great idea. If I dangled them from the ceiling of their enclosure, I could totally see my foxes being in awe with wonder. lol.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas

Return to “Housing & Enrichment”