PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Toy dispenser

Enclosure, cage, nest box, building and enrichment ideas for any species.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Toy dispenser

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:31 pm

Made Beaker a toy dispenser from an old trashcan that the bottom was already cut off of. My dad helped me to make a slant inside so it would work right to push toys to the front like the food dispensers so he cut an oval to fit. I made the hole larger and need to secure the board in place since it sometimes slides due to my larger hole but it was needed due to toy size.

Here Beaker makes use of his toy dispenser to watch me work on the fennec wheel.
ImageBeaker makes use of his toy dispense to watch me work by TamanduaGirl, on Flickr
ImageBeaker makes use of his toy dispense to watch me work by TamanduaGirl, on Flickr

So when I pick his toys up I put them in the top and he gets to pull "new" toys from the bottom. Easy way to rotate toys. He still needs encouraging to do it though. Guess he's a bit slow.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Toy dispenser

Postby Ash » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:07 pm

Ooh, I like that. I really like that the "old toys" get recycled by going back up to the top! We'll have to do something similar for Mousse. Does Beaker ever just start pulling everything out to find the one he likes best, lol? I could see out puppy doing that, haha.
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:45 pm

No he doesn't do that. Sometimes he will dig the blanket off the top and take toys from there instead. I'm going to try a small toy dispenser for the fox but fully expect it will just take them all out because pulling them out is fun, but we'll see.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:40 pm

Beaker uses this well now. Sometimes he has to dig in there a bit to knock them loose enough to grab. He does pull a few out till he get the one he wants but not a ton of them at once.
minervasden

Postby minervasden » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:09 pm

How thoughtful of him not to make a big mess. icon-smile Glad it's working out well for you.
I stay in the dark because too much light will blind you

Return to “Housing & Enrichment”