PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Some enclosure questions

Enclosure, cage, nest box, building and enrichment ideas for any species.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

H20 Sl

Some enclosure questions

Postby H20 Sl » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:57 pm

1: is your fox in the enclosure 24/7 all year round? This is more directed to MI owners, just because of severe weather climates.

2: I don't want anyone seeing he's a fox for his safety, they'll come over and do who knows what, so would he eat fence weave? I also want him to look out, but no one to really look in from a far at least.

3: and how should I keep it so know one cat get in but me, I know a lock, but is that enough? I just don't want someone taking him. I live in one of the lowest crime cities, but it still worries me.

4: and when I open the door, he can easily get out if he wanted, and there's a few openings in the gate I have to fix.

I'll have more questions probably later, but I'm a little busy..
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Some enclosure questions

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:05 pm

You want a perimeter fence. This will keep people from coming right up to his enclosure and you can make it of solid wood or the weave or have hedges to help prevent people seeing but solid wood fence would do best for privacy. This will also give the outer fence to help keep him in if he does get out of the enclosure but you could also add a double door entry to the gate so there will always be one gate closed before you open the next one.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:18 pm

There are also some idea for hiding the enclosure in this topic viewtopic.php?f=110&t=10369
kevinwalker

Postby kevinwalker » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:11 am

Thanks for sharing
MidniteCowgirl

Postby MidniteCowgirl » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:49 am

I have two female Foxes from the Red fox family and one male fox also from the Red fox family… I am wanting to build them an enclosure ...I have some ideas as far as the enclosure and their homes but my foxes get along good except for argueing from time to time ...can you keep two females and a male together and at feeding time they can be food aggressive to one another...if they can be kept together how do I go about feeding them...also can one male breed with two females or should I get another male. One more question, as soon as they breed Do you separate the males from the females, or does the Father stay with the Mother and babies? I think this is a big No No but I want to be sure ( I guess that was two questions… LOL )
Thank you for any help with this
Vata Raven

Postby Vata Raven » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:07 am

MidniteCowgirl wrote:One more question, as soon as they breed Do you separate the males from the females, or does the Father stay with the Mother and babies? I think this is a big No No but I want to be sure

If you want to breed them naturallly, the father stays in the den with the family. If you want to breed in a more "commercial" means, like Tiny Tracks, the two sexes don't interact at all.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:29 am

MidniteCowgirl wrote:I have two female Foxes from the Red fox family and one male fox also from the Red fox family… I am wanting to build them an enclosure ...I have some ideas as far as the enclosure and their homes but my foxes get along good except for argueing from time to time ...can you keep two females and a male together and at feeding time they can be food aggressive to one another...if they can be kept together how do I go about feeding them...also can one male breed with two females or should I get another male. One more question, as soon as they breed Do you separate the males from the females, or does the Father stay with the Mother and babies? I think this is a big No No but I want to be sure ( I guess that was two questions… LOL )
Thank you for any help with this

it's normal for them to argue once in a while. mine do sometimes. as for feeding, don't keep their food dishes too close to each other.
also, put the water and food dishes in a box or heavy duty cardboard box so they can't reach their body in to mark in it.
a shelve would also work.

vata is correct, the male and female can stay together, the males will help. too bad it is not like that with humans :lol:
when I got my second two foxes, my first fox (even though he is fixed) he would be a "helper fox" he use to bring them
food and even his favorite toys.

my female fox as an adult even brought food to my beagle when she was a puppy.

I would love to get in their mind for just a minute :lol:
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:24 pm

You need to be USDA licensed to sell any kits. USDA requires a secondary perimeter fence around the enclosure and nest boxes and such and they show up unannounced at your home for surprise inspection of records, housing, cleanliness, clutter, etc. All food has to be kept off the floor and in sealed container, not bags, stuff like that.

The red fox market is already over saturated. Do you have good homes lined up already. Because most breeders will sell to anyone legal or not, prepared home or not, just to make a sale so they wont be stuck with the kits forever because there is really more supply than their is demand.

Return to “Housing & Enrichment”