PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Tribble

For species less common than reds and arctics.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Jen Jen

Re: Tribble

Postby Jen Jen » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:43 am

Not sure about the crate, she was always good in it when she was younger. I'll try it out tomorrow, see it she'd go into her crate now, and if she'd get aggressive about it. She tolerates her harness and leash. Muzzle...doubtful.

I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to rig up something to allow for someone to give Tribble food and water without having to go into her enclosure. A slide open that locks from the outside, or something.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:47 am

You can get a calming drug from the vet to give her for the trip to the vet, long as she's seen him at least once already(they can't prescribe without having seen them). AsterGirl does this for Barret and it works great.
Jen Jen

Postby Jen Jen » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:55 am

She's been to see her vet a few times, it's just been a LONG, LONG time since she's gone so i don;t think she'd be very manageable. The vet is a wildlife vet, though, so I'm sure she's used to unmanageable wild animals.
kermisracer

Postby kermisracer » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:50 pm

Think about training a fox sitter how to interact with her before you have to go out of town. There are some great professional pet sitters out there. Vet assistants or zoo keepers are usually the way to go. We pay ours a small fortune for twice-daily feedings, but the cats' well-being and our peace of mind are worth it.
astargirl22

Postby astargirl22 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:29 pm

xanax is Barrett's best friend for the vet LOL
~PROUD PARENT OF A SPOILED LITTLE SWIFT FOX NAMED BELLA AND A HANDSOME CHILL MARBLE FOX NAMED BARRETT~
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:43 pm

astargirl22 wrote:xanax is Barrett's best friend for the vet LOL

I can never remember the name of that for some reason. It basically just calms him down rather than sedates him right?
Jen Jen

Postby Jen Jen » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:31 pm

The vet said she would give me something like xanax for Tribble when it's time for her annual check up. -_-

Here's a video of Tribble's new obsession...my neighbors just love me...

http://youtu.be/ooqLRxOKV6Y
Last edited by Jen Jen on Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the_randomizer

Postby the_randomizer » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:39 pm

So adorable! I know I say that a lot, but it's true! <3
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:54 pm

Haha, she loves that squeaker toy. I'm sure it drives the neighbors crazy if she's squeaking it day in, day out. It looks like she's adjusting very well to the outdoor enclosure. :)
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
Jen Jen

Postby Jen Jen » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:11 am

So my mom got me a super cute purse with a fox on it...Tribble peed in it at some point today. I realized it as I was paying for some groceries at the store, the had to root around for coins. The unmistakable smell of.fox pee wafted into my nose.

On an unrelated note, here's Tribble NOT sharing her toys.

http://youtu.be/Xd5nXryuyow
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:12 pm

Aw, poor doggy! :lol: Tribble needs to learn to share, lol.
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
Jen Jen

Postby Jen Jen » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:18 pm

So...

There is a dead raccoon in my backyard, and it looks completely uninjured as far as I can tell. I'm freaking out that it died of a disease, and what if it got to Tribble?

Tribble doesn't seem to have any injuries, but her fur is so thick and she so wiggly, I can't get a complete inspection done.

I called Animal Control, Florida Fish and Wildlife, and my local Health Department. No one seems overly concerned about it cause the raccoon didn't for sure bite anything. :/
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:34 pm

Could be distemper with a fairly high probability. Could be it got a bump on the head too. My neighbors dog got hit by a car and ran way down the street before falling down and seizing and dieing. There was really no visible injury but she got hit on the head.
Jen Jen

Postby Jen Jen » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:53 pm

I buried it, as my local animal removal guys wanted $230 to come and take it away.

I saw a bite wound on the raccoon's back leg, it looked very fresh. I think it was only dead a few hours at most, as when I had to move it to bury it, rigor mortis hadn't completely stiffened it(it was still stiff, but not quite fully into rigor mortis yet).

I really hope it was hit by a car, or something else like that. I don't know what I'd do if Tribble is sick, it would break me to watch another fox die from distemper, and I can't even think about rabies.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:48 pm

I doubt he got to her through the cage. You could bleach or burn the area where the body was found and look for any signs of raccoon scat or anything suspicious and sanitize it too.

Return to “Fennecs, Swift, Corsac, Gray and other rare foxes”