PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Tribble

For species less common than reds and arctics.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Taz

Re: Tribble

Postby Taz » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:59 am

Hi,
Our Taz is the same age as your Tribble, we now have Taz's sister "Tildy". We are interested to see if and how the female acts differently than our male.
Jen Jen

Postby Jen Jen » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:10 pm

I don't want to go into detail, but there is a lot of stuff going on outside of my control that has very negatively impacted my life. I feel like it has effected my care of Tribble to the point that it would ne best to find her a new home.

My heart is breaking.
the_randomizer

Postby the_randomizer » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:41 pm

Jen Jen wrote:I don't want to go into detail, but there is a lot of stuff going on outside of my control that has very negatively impacted my life. I feel like it has effected my care of Tribble to the point that it would ne best to find her a new home.

My heart is breaking.

Oh no...I'm so sorry..... I....I'm never good at knowing what to say.... :icon-frown: :cry:
Jen Jen

Postby Jen Jen » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:10 am

Unfortunately there isn't much to say. I don't want to do it, I hate it. However, it's about Tribble and what is best for her future, and I think finding a more peaceful stable home is better for her.
the_randomizer

Postby the_randomizer » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:22 am

Jen Jen wrote:Unfortunately there isn't much to say. I don't want to do it, I hate it. However, it's about Tribble and what is best for her future, and I think finding a more peaceful stable home is better for her.

Still, I can't fathom what you're going through right now...
Jen Jen

Postby Jen Jen » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:29 am

I haven't fully decided one way or the other, but I am looking into possible new homes. If I can find a place willing that would provide better for her than I can...then I will.

It's so hard, I love her so much. Sometimes that's not enough.
the_randomizer

Postby the_randomizer » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:19 am

Jen Jen wrote:I haven't fully decided one way or the other, but I am looking into possible new homes. If I can find a place willing that would provide better for her than I can...then I will.

It's so hard, I love her so much. Sometimes that's not enough.

The fact you love her as much as you do means a lot, and says a lot of good about you.
Alynn

Postby Alynn » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:43 pm

Sorry to hear that.
Is the situation you're facing temporary or do you foresee it lasting longer than several months, over a year? Maybe you could make a temporary arrangement with someone to hold onto her until you're in a better spot. Maybe not even that, if you're in a spot where you can't spend as much time with her, as long as you can foresee that passing, I don't think it would be needed to rehome her. I was personally in a spot where I knew it would be at least three or four years before I could properly care for my fox again which is why I opted to permanently rehome her.
Of course I don't know your situation and your judgement is ultimately the best. Just know that I support you no matter what choice you make.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:05 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that, Jen. :( I agree with everything Alynn mentioned in her post.

I don't want to ask at all about what happened, but I know for a fact you are a good owner. The fact that you're considering rehoming her due to your circumstances proves just how much you love her.

If the circumstances you're in are temporary, you can work through that, I think. Foxes are independent animals, so even if you're not spending much time with her, she is probably content to be by herself for long periods of time as long as she gets food, water, cleaning, and enrichment. Obviously that's not ideal long term, but if it's just a temporary set back you're experiencing, it could work out in the long run.

I'm sure whatever you decide will be what's best. You know your needs and hers better than anyone else. We all support you here, regardless of what you choose.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
Jen Jen

Postby Jen Jen » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:00 pm

Thank you Alynn and Ash.

I feel like I was giving in to the stress of the moment yesterday. I'm still unsure what I want to do, the 'situation' is really a bunch of seperate things coming together and becoming something bigger. The worst part beinf my brother living back with us. I don't like him, I don't trust him, and I know him being around is stressing Tribble out. He could be here for a few months, or a few years. It's more responsibility at work, it's school, it's a sudden increase in social things, it's money, it's my brother, it's everything pulling me everywhere and Tribble at the center but largely ignored.

I've made the decision to let this ride for a few more months and make a concious effort to juggle everything and Tribble. I don't want ro rush inro something because of stress exaggerating my feelings.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:13 pm

I think that's a good decision to wait a little while longer before you decide. Feel out how things are going for a while and see if it was just the stress of the moment. Sorry for everything that's going on. It always seems like once one bad thing happens, a load of other things follow and it's easy to get frustrated and down by it.

Keep it together, and keep your chin up. ;) We're here for ya.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
the_unstable

Postby the_unstable » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:56 am

I'm glad you've decided to keep her a few months. I would hate to see you rehome her, I think it's apparent you are a wonderful owner. I have been in similar situations myself, and I am in a similar one now. For me, I wracked my brain and still am about how to resolve issues in my personal life that are involving and affecting the care of my animals. I'm sure my situation is different than yours, but for me, it amounted to needing to move myself and my animals out of my parents home. I am working on that now. I know moving out isn't always feasible for everyone, but perhaps it may be feasible for you. I at first believed that I would not be able to buy a house, but I have researched thoroughly and found alternate options that are possible based on my situation. For example, if you don't have the credit to buy a house, you can buy a house on contract. Or you can look for a landlord to rent to you with your fox (a challenge). Not sure that moving out is the answer for you, but it sounds like your living situation is the big issue.
Jen Jen

Postby Jen Jen » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:20 am

Moving out would solve most of my problems, yes. But I was very careless with my credit cards for years and now I'm paying the price. I have a job that makes enough I could move away and go to school, but I can't afford to move out with my credit debt.

I have found a few apartment complexes willing to rent to me, but moving away isn't feasable for at least two years while I attack my credit cards(I finally wised up).

I hope your situation wprks out in your favor, though.
Akuma223

Postby Akuma223 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:25 pm

How are you doing JenJen?
Jen Jen

Postby Jen Jen » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:23 pm

Tribble passed away while I was at work today due to unknown reasons. I found her dead in her play tunnel, it looks like she went to sleep and never woke back up.

I don't know. Maybe I'm cursed. I don't think her death has hit me yet, at all.

Tribble is my last fox. I can't do this again.

Return to “Fennecs, Swift, Corsac, Gray and other rare foxes”