PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Tribble

For species less common than reds and arctics.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

amandagm

Re: Tribble

Postby amandagm » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:39 pm

OMG! I'm so, so sorry! I can't even begin to imagine your grief and pain. Hugs and prayers heading your way! icon-sad
the_randomizer

Postby the_randomizer » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:46 pm

Jen Jen wrote:Tribble passed away while I was at work today due to unknown reasons. I found her dead in her play tunnel, it looks like she went to sleep and never woke back up.

I don't know. Maybe I'm cursed. I don't think her death has hit me yet, at all.

Tribble is my last fox. I can't do this again.

What???? On no, oh no, oh man...words cannot describe the horrific feeling you have right now. :cry: :cry: But please, please do not blame yourself or think that you're cursed. You're not, you have the entire backing of this community. We're all here for you....I'm crying right now, but we're all here for you. :cry:

amandagm wrote:OMG! I'm so, so sorry! I can't even begin to imagine your grief and pain. Hugs and prayers heading your way! icon-sad

Yeah, I'm crying right now, I feel a massive knot in my stomach...oh man.... Ugh. I just...I'm never good at comforting people.... icon-sad
Talys

Postby Talys » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:58 pm

Oh Jen...I don't have words right now...all I have is that my heart and mind are with you right now. If there is anything you need, please please please do not hesitate to ask. The others are right: we are all here for you. I'm going to hop on the next flight down to Florida with the_unstable.
~Oreo and Snickerdoodle (cats) & Smaug and Istari (Betta splendens)~
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:58 am

I'm so sorry, Jen... That is so hard... Are you thinking about having a necropsy done? It might give you some peace of mind.

You're not cursed... It really is just bad luck. Elina too had a year where I think she had three foxes of hers pass away--a silver, an arctic, and a corsac, all kind of right in a row for different reasons... Those reasons were beyond her control, and I'm certain that however Tribble passed, it was out of your control as well...

Sometimes bad things happen, but I'm certain once you start to heal, you may be open again to another fox someday. Not necessarily anytime soon, but maybe one day again.

Again, I am so sorry for your loss. :icon-frown: It's always hardest when we don't know the reasons why a pet passes on.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
the_randomizer

Postby the_randomizer » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:03 am

Ash wrote:I'm so sorry, Jen... That is so hard... Are you thinking about having a necropsy done? It might give you some peace of mind.

You're not cursed... It really is just bad luck. Elina too had a year where I think she had three foxes of hers pass away--a silver, an arctic, and a corsac, all kind of right in a row for different reasons... Those reasons were beyond her control, and I'm certain that however Tribble passed, it was out of your control as well...

Sometimes bad things happen, but I'm certain once you start to heal, you may be open again to another fox someday. Not necessarily anytime soon, but maybe one day again.

Again, I am so sorry for your loss. :icon-frown: It's always hardest when we don't know the reasons why a pet passes on.

Well said, for the life of me, I can never figure out how or what to say in situations like this, but for whatever it's worth, this community is a truly wonderful one, and I completely agree with what you said. She is a good owner, all the fox owners I know are wonderful people, and if there's anything that I've learned these past two years, is that a closely-knit community like this is one where we are all here to help each other. That being said, I'm crying over this :cry: I know for a fact that the people I am friends with, those that I know, are good owners and are not cursed in any way.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:12 am

I am so very sorry to hear the loss of your fox. :cry:
it is hard not knowing what caused her death.

could she have got into some type of poison?
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Crafty

Postby Crafty » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:00 pm

I don't normally come on Sybil's Den much anymore due to personal reasons, but when RabbleFox told me what happened to Tribble, I knew I needed to come back.

Jen Jen, I am so f*cking sorry, oh my god. Neither you nor Tribble deserved this. Especially you. Especially you who when through this first with Fizzgig. You are an amazing fox owner, so don't think this reflects badly on you as an owner. You have to be one of the strongest people I know.

May Tribble rest in peace. She will have many foxy friends waiting for her on the rainbow bridge to help guide her along.

On another note... I think you should have a necropsy done. Actually, no. Not "should." You NEED to have a necropsy done. Something about this situation has given me a very bad vibe, and I have learned from previous experiences to trust my vibes. If you don't have the money for a necropsy, I would seriously be willing to help you pay for it. And I'm sure other members would be willing to help you out, too.

Stay strong!
amandagm

Postby amandagm » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:59 pm

I completely agree. This will eat you for the rest of your life always wondering what might've happened. Please, please get the necropsy. If you're willing to set up an account or even PM the number for your vet I'll add to the donation to help cover the cost.
You need this closure. What you said about your brother and the possible teasing/tormenting has been bothering me for days. YOU didn't do anything wrong. You are an amazing person and foxy mom. Just that you were willing to put Tribbles needs before your wants and consider rehoming speaks volumes as to your character. You were willing to break your own heart to do what was best for Tribble. Please consider having the necropsy done if its not already too late.
This could even turn into a situation where the necropsy will show something that none of us thought of and you end up saving countless other lives with the knowledge. You are not cursed. You are a strong, amazing person who is working her a** off to pay off all her debt and get back on her feet.
Please let us help you. Prayers, love and light from all of us to you and we pray that maybe the knowledge will start piecing your broken heart back together. icon-sad
Alynn

Postby Alynn » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:04 pm

I'm so sorry Jen. I heard the news from a friend a few days ago but with my computer out of order I haven't been around. Wish I could have expressed my condolences sooner.

I do hope you consider a necrospy but that is up to you. But do know I would be willing to help pitch in on the cost if you'd like as well.
the_randomizer

Postby the_randomizer » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:26 pm

amandagm wrote:I completely agree. This will eat you for the rest of your life always wondering what might've happened. Please, please get the necropsy. If you're willing to set up an account or even PM the number for your vet I'll add to the donation to help cover the cost.
You need this closure. What you said about your brother and the possible teasing/tormenting has been bothering me for days. YOU didn't do anything wrong. You are an amazing person and foxy mom. Just that you were willing to put Tribbles needs before your wants and consider rehoming speaks volumes as to your character. You were willing to break your own heart to do what was best for Tribble. Please consider having the necropsy done if its not already too late.
This could even turn into a situation where the necropsy will show something that none of us thought of and you end up saving countless other lives with the knowledge. You are not cursed. You are a strong, amazing person who is working her a** off to pay off all her debt and get back on her feet.
Please let us help you. Prayers, love and light from all of us to you and we pray that maybe the knowledge will start piecing your broken heart back together. icon-sad

I agree wholeheartedly, there are so many amazing fox owners in this community, I know for a fact she is an amazing individual and the fact she placed Tribble's needs before her own speaks volumes, and for that, I have tremendous respect. She did nothing wrong, I know this for a fact, and she is in no way, shape, or form, cursed, not in the least. Heck, I don't even know if I should be saying this, seeing as I never so much as owned a fox, much less any exotic animals and therefore my views on the situation most likely have little to no merit in this conversation. I'm not really an expert on said fox ownership. That being said, my heart is heavy for her, the pain is very palpable and I'm on the verge of tears once more :cry: What we can do is continue to support each other, offering prayers, thoughts, etc to help bolster each other.
RabbleFox

Postby RabbleFox » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:24 pm

I saw this earlier today but was unable to comment because I was at work. I alerted Crafty, who has already made her post. It seriously made me ill to read about this. I am sending healing vibes your way. I know it is so hard to lose a pet, especially so suddenly. I, too, will donate to get a necropsy done. You are such a good fox mommy and I think a necropsy will provide answers and the closure that you may need.

Run free, Tribble.
~RabbleFox
Jen Jen

Postby Jen Jen » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:41 pm

Thank you for your words and support everyone. I don't know how to say how much all of you mean to me. Just, thank you. So much.

Unfortunately, I wasn't really thinking beyond the moment when I found Tribble. I buried her near her enclosure after I stopped crying. It wasn't until today when I talked to the vet that I even thought of having a necropsy preformed, and the vet told me that at this point doing one would be next to usless. I've been pretty much in a daze since Saturday, and now I'm going to pay thr price for that in never knowing why she died.

As much as I dislike my brother, I honestly don't think he did anything. The vet said it could have been anything. Spider bite, hyperthermia from the heat, anything.
the_randomizer

Postby the_randomizer » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:03 am

Jen Jen wrote:Thank you for your words and support everyone. I don't know how to say how much all of you mean to me. Just, thank you. So much.

Unfortunately, I wasn't really thinking beyond the moment when I found Tribble. I buried her near her enclosure after I stopped crying. It wasn't until today when I talked to the vet that I even thought of having a necropsy preformed, and the vet told me that at this point doing one would be next to usless. I've been pretty much in a daze since Saturday, and now I'm going to pay thr price for that in never knowing why she died.

As much as I dislike my brother, I honestly don't think he did anything. The vet said it could have been anything. Spider bite, hyperthermia from the heat, anything.

Just know that we are all here to support you, to help you in any way that we can, and that we care for you. We're your friends and well, ugh, I'm never good at knowing what to say, but suffice to say, we'll help you in any way we can.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:53 am

I'm sorry to hear about Tribble. I didn't find Ori since she was away at the center but Ori died the same way. She was found just laying there dead. We did have a through necropsy done and NOTHING was found wrong. It was initially thought she died from the fall from her sleeping place but there were no signs of trauma. I think she just had a bad heart, like a bad rhythm or something you can't see, that contributed to her other issues and made her heart just stop that day.

Despite not being there it still really tore me up and also hurt that she was away. So I have some idea.

Maybe Grays are just a more delicate species and more prone problems.
the_unstable

Postby the_unstable » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:22 am

I just logged into Sybil's for the first time in a while, and found this. I know I'm a bit belated, but I wanted to offer my condolences. I am so incredibly sorry Jen Jen. Losing a pet is a terrible thing, and even worse when we can't figure out why it happened. I had gone through something similar a while back now, but I still think about it from time to time. When my dog had passed after a surgery to repair an intussusception (overlapping of intestines), I was left with a lot of questions and guilt.

I had saved his body for some time in a freezer with intention to have a necropsy but much of the information that they could have obtained from it would be lost due to the damage from freezing. I eventually laid him to rest without the testing. Sometimes I still wonder what happened, but mostly I have moved on. I still miss him, and that won't change, but to not have it at the forefront of my mind all the time has been for the better.

I tell you this in hopes that you won't carry the guilt I had, which you most certainly shouldn't as this was not your fault, and also that maybe you won't have regrets about not having the necropsy. Regret is such a burdening emotion, and I think Tribble would not want you to feel that way about her passing. It hurts now, I know, but with each day it lessens, even if only just a little. Honor her memory, she was truly wonderful, and I know she loved you very much.

Rest in peace, dear Tribble.

Return to “Fennecs, Swift, Corsac, Gray and other rare foxes”