PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

swift fox

For species less common than reds and arctics.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

haira32

swift fox

Postby haira32 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:38 am

Hello, I've been around working on getting out into the world. I am getting married this December and our original plan was to move to Wisconsin to get a skunk. Recently however, we were given an opportunity to move into a great farm house in Illinois. We can no longer get a skunk but we have been talking and have decided to pursue getting a swift fox next summer. I have called Mandy, but her voicemail was full. Hopefully I can get a hold of her. We are excited!
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: swift fox

Postby Ash » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:52 am

Congratulations on all of the great life changes! It sounds like your life is headed in a great direction.

That's so exciting that you're hoping to get a swift! Let us know if you can get a hold of Mandy, and if you're put on the waiting list. I want to warn you up front though, people will pester you nonstop if you do get one. ;) So many of us are so curious about them and love seeing pictures. They're very cute little foxes, and not too much is known about them.
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:23 am

Congrats! And Ash is right.. Swifts are my favorite and I will not leave you alone. I want tons of pictures!
haira32

Postby haira32 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:47 pm

I'll take lots of pictures. I have everything I need set for getting my Wisconsin permits, and now I am trying to change direction. The IDNR site is laid out so differently. I found one thing that says the fur bearer breeder permit is what I need but it doesn't say if I need to be actively breeding. Then I found one thing that said foxes are regulated by the department of agriculture but I can't find anything on their site. I'll have to call someone.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:52 am

The breeder's permit is what you'll need. It doesn't matter if you're breeding or not, that's the one. ;)
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
astargirl22

Postby astargirl22 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:26 pm

FINALLY! some one who i can compare stories with!! :mrgreen:
~PROUD PARENT OF A SPOILED LITTLE SWIFT FOX NAMED BELLA AND A HANDSOME CHILL MARBLE FOX NAMED BARRETT~
haira32

Postby haira32 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:54 pm

I have been a busy bee and today I made some great progress! I am so excited I can hardly wait. I have spoke to several people at the IDNR and department of agriculture and anywhere else important just to make sure that I have everything I need. I do not need a permit for a swift fox, which is great news and less paperwork. I will need an import permit to bring the fox from Ohio to Illinois though. I was also able to get through to Mandy's voicemail, which is a great breakthrough because she is difficult to get a hold of. Lastly, I was able to speak with a vet in Chicago that has experience with swift fox. She was very kind and willing to see my future baby as her patient. Chicago is an hour away, but that's not too bad considering my baby will get excellent medical care.
Yay for progress! Now I just have to wait until January so I can hopefully get on Mandy's waiting list.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:46 am

That's so exciting! Be sure to keep us all updated. Those swift foxes are so cute.
astargirl22

Postby astargirl22 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:23 pm

what made u decide on a swift?
~PROUD PARENT OF A SPOILED LITTLE SWIFT FOX NAMED BELLA AND A HANDSOME CHILL MARBLE FOX NAMED BARRETT~
haira32

Postby haira32 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:35 pm

astargirl22 wrote:what made u decide on a swift?

My fiance and I had wanted to start with a smaller fox, either a swift or a gray fox. The house we ended up getting is in a county that does not allow grays so swift it is. I just love their beautiful foxey faces. Our house is on three acres but the plan is to buy a house on at least 10 acres in Wisconsin in a few years so we can expand. I really really hope we can get on Mandy's waiting list.
haira32

Postby haira32 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:00 pm

I have not had any luck getting through to Mandy. Does anyone know the best way to get a hold of her?
Alynn

Postby Alynn » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:49 pm

I've heard that texting her is better than calling, but I've never worked with her, so I can't say for certain.
Jen Jen

Postby Jen Jen » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:26 pm

Texting was the easiest way for me to get in contact with Mandy last year.
haira32

Postby haira32 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:50 pm

Thanks, I'll give that a try. That wouldn't have occurred to me.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:08 pm

Mandy has always said the best way to reach her is through texting.

If that doesn't work, you can find her on facebook and see if you can get a message through to her there.

Good luck! I hope you'll be able to get in contact with her soon.

Return to “Fennecs, Swift, Corsac, Gray and other rare foxes”