PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Taz, our now 9 mo old grey fox

For species less common than reds and arctics.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Taz

Taz, our now 9 mo old grey fox

Postby Taz » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:05 pm

Hi,
Its been quite awhile since I was on this site. Let me try and come to date.
Taz is now 9 mo old. He is our pride and joy. He sleeps and cuddles with us just about every night, except when he's getting into mischief in the wee hours, then he has to go to his cage. On those times he is not very happy. He rattles his cage for hours!We figured out a way to keep him in his outside cage (we close the doggie door), but he scratches at that door and makes even more noise. When we let him in a couple hours later, he is usually tired by then and goes right to sleep. Taz weighs 13 pounds now. He was neutered in September and has had all of his distemper shots (the new and revised ones). He did have piddle accidents after each shot, but for the most part he has continued to go outside on his own. We stopped using a litter box when he was a couple months old as he only buried his food in it. The only time he piddles in the house is if there is something new and out of the ordinary. I have taught him to sit and come to his name and my whistle. He loves other people and is quite great with our small grandchildren. But he will still bite any adult nose if he gets the chance, but only in play :>
We need to work more on the harness, as he hates it put on. After speaking with Pat today, we decided to try keeping it on for awhile so we can easily take him out for walks. Up until now he has only gone on a dozen walks or so. But at this point he really, really needs the exercise so he doesn't keep us up at night wanting to play. In the spring we will have to expand his cage (now only 8x10). We really liked all of the post about Tribble (not sure if I got name right). It is nice to see another grey fox and see how different each one can be. Our house has become more and more sparse as Taz has either broken picture frames, coffee cups laying around, or anything he can steel. He especially likes gloves and the liners of shoes, which all have to be in Tupperware or closets.
Having a fox has been wonderful, yet also trying. I liken it to having a perpetual todler. Most of our molding and the walls by our door moldings are scratched from 4-8 ft up and my once loved house plants are all but gone. Antique furniture is also scratched, all from his crazy energetic excitement, hence his name, Taz, as in Tasmanian Devil. All that being said, we would not trade him for the world!
I hope to be able to contribute more, but getting on a computer is rough in our house (Taz is so quick he pulls all of the keys of in seconds flat).
I have many videos and pictures but am not sure how to get them on this site, any suggestions?
Renee
dragonking

Re: Taz, our now 9 mo old grey fox

Postby dragonking » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:13 pm

As long as they are hosted on the net, you can link it via the Img and URL tages. You can also upload it as an attachment using the tab just below the submit button when making a post.
Taz

Postby Taz » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:17 pm

I
Thanks, I tried uploading from my computer but it didn't work..
dragonking

Postby dragonking » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:19 pm

If you have a youtube account, you can do videos from there and images have several easy ways. Tumblr, Photobucket, or just googling 'free image host' and using something from there works.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:24 pm

It's usually a size issue for loading them onto thei site. Fikcr or photobucket are good placed to upload both photos and video and link them easily. Or you can just use tinypic if you really don't want to sign up for anything.

Also love hearing about Taz. I like the grey foxes.
Taz

Postby Taz » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:33 pm

Hello,
Thanks for the info.
Im actually glad you responded because...
I was in Panama last week visiting mom and we took a day long tour on Barro Colrado island. This is the longest study of animals, birds, insects and so on anywhere. The Smithsonian institute started it 35 years ago. The scientist giving us the tour mentioned ant eaters (pardon my not knowing the formal name) living on the island. I remembered your post from June and mentioned your babies being in your washing machine! He could not believe that you had them as pets, let alone them sleeping in your washing machine! I was able to share that picture with my mom on fb and she will e-mail the picture to him. Imagine, your babies teaching this scientist something he didn't know, that they make wonderful pets for the right pet owner :>
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:49 pm

Thanks for sharing that story. I know in some areas people are scared of them. Sounds like a fun trip.

Return to “Fennecs, Swift, Corsac, Gray and other rare foxes”