PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Nala & Zara Update :) (Quite a few pics!)

For species less common than reds and arctics.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Jess2569

Nala & Zara Update :) (Quite a few pics!)

Postby Jess2569 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:51 am

Hi All,

It has been a while since I have posted. Wanted to give everyone an updated on my two pups… they are great. Around 3-4 months old now, and had their first vaccinations last week. They are the funniest little pets every, both have great but very different personalities.
Nala is slightly bigger and the braver of the two, and Zara is a little bit shy but very very loud when excited! They are both fairly well house trained and use the puppy pad unless excited. They do not do the toilet in their bed area and are quite clean. Love trying new foods (fox safe ones of course) and are very sociable with people they meet. (Maybe a bit too social able, as in jumping on peoples shoulders and trying to reach round and take sips of their coffees we have offered them!!) Since we have bottle fed them, they always try to drink jump up and drink water out of bottles when I am doing so.

They are free to roam in a large yet enclosed area in our apartment with food, water and a lot of toys, but them seem to just bask on the window sill in the sun when we are not home. At night they are in large ferret nation and we do not hear a peep and they don’t do the toilet overnight so I think they must sleep throughout the evening.

They love to steal anything they can find, especially make up brushes and socks. I have found a number of items and some food under the sofa, in their bed and behind cushions.

They are generally well behaved. Have cause no damage yet to anything in the apartment, but I’m aware this might change as they get older. If they are looking into an area I am not happy about, there is a stern NO and they jump away and find something else do to. However, they do love to jump into coffee cups and pull my tea bags out of my green tea so I no longer leave cups on the coffee table!

They have remained best friends still, and play together all the time and sleep cuddled up to each other.

When we come home from work or let them out in the morning they scream with happiness and Zara in particular will always jump up onto me and lick my face before running away which is so cute. When we took them to the vet he couldn’t believe how sociable and sweet they were in comparison to other Fennecs he had handled, he said we had done a good job which was nice to hear as it is not easy when they are so young!

Here are some photos below… enjoy!
Attachments
image4.jpg
image4.jpg (33.38 KiB) Viewed 1860 times
image3.jpg
image2.jpg
image1.jpg
Jess2569

Re: Nala & Zara Update :) (Quite a few pics!)

Postby Jess2569 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:52 am

More pics :lol:
Attachments
image8.jpg
image7.jpg
image6.jpg
image6.jpg (31.02 KiB) Viewed 1859 times
image5.jpg
Jess2569

Postby Jess2569 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:52 am

They love my bed :lol:
Attachments
image9.jpg
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:17 am

They are simply adorable... I can't handle the cuteness, lol. I love that their ears have unfolded and are standing up all big and tall. Fennecs are such silly-looking foxes, but unmatched in their adorableness factor. :)

I really like the pictures! And I'm so glad they are fitting into your family well.
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
Jess2569

Postby Jess2569 » Sun May 03, 2015 2:27 am

Thanks Ash! We love having them :lol: Foxes can make great pets, it is a shame so many people don't understand this!
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:09 pm

Since she never came back to update again: https://www.instagram.com/nalaandzarafennecfox/

Return to “Fennecs, Swift, Corsac, Gray and other rare foxes”