PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Finicky Fennec has Gone Off His Food

For species less common than reds and arctics.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Mystic

Finicky Fennec has Gone Off His Food

Postby Mystic » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:21 pm

So it's been about three days now and I could really use your suggestions. He is still eating small things, like his super worms and fruit, and occasionally some wet food. Typically he gets smaller portions of the Gizmo burgers on a daily basis. He never ever took to dry food like the breeder said he would and I tried everything when he was younger to try and convince him lol. But he's a little diva and thought himself too good for kibble.

Had he not been eating anything he'd have already been at the vet. I know he's not had any opportunity to eat anything he was not supposed to so I'm not worried about impaction issues. He's still drinking normally and having bowel movements. His energy is good. Seems a bit grumpier than normal but he is usually lazy in the afternoon hours anyway.

It's a new batch of burgers but I haven't changed the ratio of ingredients at all and the quality of said ingredients has not changed either. Previously he has turned his nose up at the first burger or two but we are on burger 3 or 4 by now. :shrug:

Have any of your foxes had short periods where their appetite was less than normal? I'm trying to figure out just how concerned to be, you know? Any thoughts are appreciated!
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Finicky Fennec has Gone Off His Food

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:54 pm

Do you have AC? If not it could be the heat.

If it's not that I would get him a blood check soon. Fennecs are prone to kidney issues and one of the first signs can be eating less. Especially longer periods between eating, like instead of having breakfast they wont want anything till later and yeah needing tastier things to get any interest.

Going off food for a few days could also just be a bug but if not eating normally by day 4 I'd for sure get him a blood test to be safe.

Return to “Fennecs, Swift, Corsac, Gray and other rare foxes”